Roll Up!!!

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by playsgames6666, May 8, 2016.

1. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Great atmosphere and design. Congratulations. Something with the controls seems not to be right though. I always get stuck half way of the curve. If it is intended like that, then a tutorial at the beginning would be great. Because I just can't get it right most of the time.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  3. playsgames6666

@Christoph Thanks.
    Yea i get you, i will include a tutorial in an update.
    Its all in the timing of tapping or holding left or right about half way up, or just letting go so it rolls all the way.
    Bit confusing, maybe i will play around with wheel settings, though i couldn't get that right either. LOL

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

its great games i love the art work iam also with christoph it need tutorial and more level it's great even in the info you write it need to move only left and right but it beyond that you need to master the two controls to roll up.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  5. CuteFox

CuteFox Boxer

Fun !! I like artwork :)

6. mikafabz

mikafabz Avid Boxer

Hey, I've played the game. Very nice artwork and good concept also. I also had trouble to play the game, at first it looks that if you keep your finger to the left the ball you roll up to the next level but it gets stuck in the middle. It took me a while to realize the exact point to change the finger... but I loved the concept.
    In my mind I think I would have more fun if you use the left to roll to left curves and right to roll up completely to the right, without having to change the fingers...than you should have the spikes in the middle of the curve so the player has to press at the right time without having to stop before the spikes on the next step... If that makes sense...
    But this is only me.. maybe get more feedback from other people and improve a little bit the controls... I dont know...

Anyways... its a very nice game, I played for a while... Congrats!

7. playsgames6666

@mikafabz @wesam_badr
    Yea the bloody controls. LOL o_O
    Been messing around a lot trying to get a smooth flow around the curves. And better controls.
    Thanks guys for your feedback, really appreciate it.
    Ill keep working at it...:mad:

8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Actually, in studies concerning the difference between what males like in a game and what females like in a game, what you will find is that males like mastery, meaning, they like to figure things out and feel that as an accomplishment in itself... It took me a few deaths, but after figuring out the controls, timing is part of the gameplay... I think it's perfect as is...

playsgames6666 and edwin_simonds like this.
  9. playsgames6666

@heathclose
    Thanks, i am that sort of that person myself, i like to work things out and try to master it.
    But am also with the others.
    I would be a bit happier if i could achieve a smoother roll around.
    But i do like the challenge of trying to time it right.
    I will try and find a happy medium though.
    thanks again

10. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

@playsgames6666 No as heathclose don't change the control i find perfect just make a tutorial to explain to the player how to control the player / and there is some bug in the game the character get stuck in some levels where there is a thin passage.

11. playsgames6666

@wesam_badr
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Ill ad a tutorial to explain it better.
    And you say you get stuck in some of the thin passages, ill take a look but I've played each scene a 1000 times and never encountered that problem.
    But ill check it out, and thanks again.