Roadmap And Future Buildbox Versions

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by swnam12, Dec 16, 2017.

1. swnam12

swnam12 Boxer

Will there be additional major releases of Buildbox and the Master collection (Buildbox 4, Master Collection 3) or is Buildbox 3 the last planned major release? I ask because I hate paying for subscriptions and the Master Collection 2 deal is a great buy right now. But as many users have pointed out, there has been a history of new version releases with many bugs, before the bugs in the old version were even fixed.
    I realize software developer, especially something as complex as Buildbox and the Master Collection, is a long, hard, and expensive process (I’m a computer science major with lots of programming experience) and @TreySmith and co need to make money but I’d rather not have to upgrade every two years or so, especially when the price is above $1000.
    So what’s the roadmap for Buildbox? How many versions until it’s finally where the team wants it to be? It looks like Buildbox 3 may be that version, especially considering the node and optional programming features. Will there be a Buildbox 4, 5? Also, will the Master Collection be updated as frequently as Buildbox? Lots of people were complaining about the lack of updates for version 1.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, as you know, in any software, a useful life in a Software is never estimated more than 2 years, a new version is always created with new and better features.
    Normally the useful life of any Software is 2-3 years, including updates.
    BB1 had a life of about 2 years.
    BB2 has 1 more year to live.
    BB3 will have a life of between 2-3 years.
    Then there will be a new versions (BB4, BB5, BB6), which integrates new revolutionary functions such as 3D in BB3, it is likely to include Video, Multiplayer Game, virtual reality, etc ...
    Making a software update is not something that is done quickly, you have to perform tests, and repair failures.
    BB3 is currently in Beta phase, and will not be released publicly for at least 6 months.
    After leaving BB3, updates will continue to appear, correcting or creating new errors.
    It is also likely that they are already reviewing performing BB4 to leave within 3 years, MC2 was being created for 2 years.