Risky Rooms

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by bmsingha, Jun 6, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I think I need to just stop reading this thread... it's the first time on this forum a thread is causing me real anxiety, and I'm choosing to jump in...

@bmsingha at first you're all "we're sorry, we didn't know" and umbrella is all "we don't condone this" and you're all "ya ya ya we don't want to ruin repo we're sorry, didn't know" and now you're like "we bow to people who are speaking truth, cloning is great!... hat's off to you, keep fighting the good fight on how great it is to be making money on a game so close to Acello Alone that we didn't even change the colors"

Has @TreySmith read this, or has @Andy @NikRudenko @theseanjonathanconnor even pointed it out to him... I just got an email about risky rooms representing buildbox and being featured.... does he know he's supporting an waving the buildbox banner above a game with questionable moral buzz? People are going to come here and check out his company and his gamebuilder and read this whole thread and wonder what kind of outfit he's running supporting a gamdev who is all
    And some of the comments on this thread are blowing my mind.... I can't just make a game where I run around with my yellow circle and eat dots while ghosts chase me and as long as I put a hat on the toon and call it Pac-Manny, I'm ok... "Everyone's doing it".... that's not ok...

Surprising business decision from @TreySmith to rally on this... maybe he doesn't even know it's happening... reputation is important... but who am I.... And you know what... maybe I'm just misunderstanding the whole thing... maybe I honestly don't know what I'm talking about... maybe I am absolutely am out of line even thinking I have any place in posting this... it wouldn't be the first time I was being a ridiculous human being... but the level of acceptance of cloning or copying or baking or taking or borrowing or stealing or reaping or sewing or whatever you want to call is staggering... disappointing... frustrating... and I don't even know why... maybe what we do here is all too important to me and to others it's "ehh"...

If you are taking action to correct this unfortunate situation @bmsingha than "hats off and bow to you", but pick a side...

sorry...

/endrant

2. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

(My game to the left, Color Switch new game mode to the right)

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 8.42.52 AM.png

(P.S. I'm not claiming Color Switch stole my idea.This is just an example the even big developers are victim to this! Could be pure coincidence even though I discussed a publishing deal with Marc before this game mode came out and he asked to see my previous titles :rolleyes:)

Everyone shouldn't be too mad about this, it happens all the time in this industry!
    I love Risky Rooms btw and I hate to say this but think it was a good thing you tapped into a market Accelo Alone wasn't targeting.
    I'm not condoning cloning/copying, but don't think we should scrutinize every developer who does it ;)

Christoph and Ishamahes like this.
  3. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@heathclose It's not like the first what we said and last we wanna say. It's all about "WHAT WE ACTUALLY MEAN TO SAY". And anyways people come , read and give their views, it's not me or you or anyone else that can change any view or perspective. Whatever we wanted to justify, have already done it times and times (whether it is for publisher or for forum members) and we can't make it for every individual, it's world and 1000's of minds have 1000000's of thoughts. Is this for the very first time? Are you sure about it? Don't wanna say that we are right (as it is something like a copy yeah already admitted) but it is something that forcing us to open the mouth and pull out the dramatical things.

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Let's just all be friends...
    Here is a peace offering

trygii and brakewind723 like this.
  5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

6. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Nobody says cloning is okay. Cloning is a complete other beast and like you said @heathclose: theft. And your stance is not ridiculous but probably a little short sighted. It's a fact that copying is everywhere because that's how the industry runs. It's really hard to come up with something completely new because there are already millions of games and variants. But with small changes great things were achieved in the past and great things will be achieved in the future. Your stance yearns for moral and ethics. And I'm completely cool with that, at least with the ethics and think we all need a portion of your honesty, but you can't just ignore the reality either. I think it's somewhere in the middle (as always)... :D

Ishamahes, bmsingha and heathclose like this.
  8. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

Can you tell me how did you change main menu level show every time I cross level like level 3, level 4

bmsingha likes this.
  9. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Sorry @Christoph , "That's how the industry runs" is a very week argument. This was way to close a replica of the original.

I'm with @heathclose on this. It was stolen.

Looking for inspiration I played the game on Scirra's website a long time ago. I loved it, one of the few games I could play on there for more than a minute. I remember wishing I could make a game like that, it was very original. I missed the Risky Rooms debut on here, I would have recognized it instantly and called it out.

@bmsingha what you did was wrong, you have NO moral compass, and should be ashamed. Do this... show both versions to your Mom, tell her you made a bunch of money from copying it and lying to the publisher, and then ask her if that was wrong.

Why would you even stay on this forum and respond to the outrage towards you. Go remove the app or work out a deal with the original creator to leave it up and pay him royalties.

For all those that say he didn't do anything illegal, I say this....

Just because something is LEGAL, doesn't make it RIGHT.
    Just because something is RIGHT, doesn't make it LEGAL.

Bravo to @Umbrella for doing the RIGHT thing. Very classy!

playsgames6666 likes this.
  10. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i think iam late to this discussion i didnt know that something like that is happening anyway the game has brilliant game-play idea and i can see what is going here the two games look similar in design and gamplay but a little different in level design however its so bad to see that happening. but i still think that risky room is better.:D:oops:

11. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Im totally against it, but i will give you the credit that you made the game and not just ripped it from an IPA file and re exported from bb and submitted as your own, as many are doing.
    Some smarter decisions, on color schemes in the game would of been better, than copying the original.
    But as some have said, who is there stopping it from happening. The only thing that will ever happen, is if you mess with a big company then they will sue your ass of, but I'm sure these average copiers are smart enough not to mess with the big boys.

12. arsen.

arsen. Boxer

Interesting game :D:D