Risky Rooms

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by bmsingha, Jun 6, 2016.

1. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

What I learned from this...
    1. Umbrella folks appear to be a class act.
    2. Someone has seen that game you plan on copying lol

How can you be excited and brag about your creation when you essentially steal the concept and play from someone?

2. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Guys so I am here and we sincerely apologise to all my forum mates who are disappointed with Risky Rooms. @Umbrella Please there is no way in pointing out the "Umbrella" as they are the most genuine and great publishers as mate we have ever worked with. In this case, there is no fault of involving there name in this scenario. We have already sincerely apologised to them as this was not at all an intentional way to bring out the game. So once again I would like to say that "Umbrella" is a pure genuine brand and they were not at all aware of this fact and lemme shock you guys (all) that even we as a company were not at all aware about of this fact. The team member that evolved us with this idea of game play never ever disclosed this fact that he found it from somewhere. So this is the true reality fact I am mentioning over here as am forced now to narrate the real thing so I am disclosing it. Currently as even it's shocking for us as well so we will just follow what the publisher wants us to do. We too are a company so can never think about spoiling any repo (reputation) of other brand that we are working with so in this case we again want to apologise for the same.

Christoph likes this.
  3. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  4. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Christoph Agree with you my friend, much similar, have gone through but this is something weird that was designed in front of us and we did followed so somewhere our mistake, and do accept that

Christoph likes this.
  5. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Honestly if I was you guys I will try to contact the original designer of the game and try to set something up with him. The game is doing well and it would be a shame for it to be taken down. I'm pretty sure the original owner would not mind extra mula coming his way. That way you are able to save your reputation and prevent any copyright dispute. Just my 2 cents.

mikafabz and Christoph like this.
  6. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@JustWatchApps How can you be excited and brag about your creation when you essentially steal the concept and play from someone? - So mate can you ever imagine that if we would be aware of the fact that game is similar to some other's, then why would we feel pride to show? It's but obvious that even we were not aware so we were super excited and now as we have come to know then we don't feel so but rather than we are just accepting the fault. @arsidalijaj Same would like to narrate for you

Christoph and Arsmen Studio like this.
  7. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@telerebor Hi mate, thanks mate for your views, but we are not pretty sure enough to take such decision right way. Yeah game is doing pretty well so still not sure enough,so will take the decision very soon

Christoph likes this.
  8. Umbrella

Umbrella Boxer

I tried reaching out to him on Twitter to explain the situation, but he hasn't responded. Twitter was the only way of contacting him that I found.

Christoph likes this.
  9. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Will try as well contacting him

Christoph likes this.
  10. jaloxin

jaloxin Boxer

i am personally working with Essendon Studios in serval projects, they are very skilled and professional people, i think what happen with Risky rooms that developer who made the game didn't disclose that the game is inspired from another game.

beside this issue, the game is very polished then the original and lot of work put into it, so i hope the best for their next game.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Christoph and bmsingha like this.
  11. deejayalofreakz

deejayalofreakz Boxer

Great art and concept. The music matches perfectly with the gameplay.

bmsingha likes this.
  12. PhLabUniverse

PhLabUniverse Boxer

Great Game! congrats!

bmsingha likes this.
  13. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@bmsingha Man i hope the best for you! Hope that this game is going to make a lot of money! Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    bmsingha and jaloxin like this.
  14. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This.
    The original artist/developer of the game would for sure love to make a deal and take advantage of the game taking off. I can't recommend enough going this route.

Ishamahes likes this.
  16. deejayalofreakz

deejayalofreakz Boxer

May I know which version of buildbox you used to make this game?

17. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Sorry if I appeared 'judgey' - life and it's lessons happen everyday to everyone.

18. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Christoph Yeah but never knew what's gonna it would lead, anyways would depend on publisher and would like to follow whatever they suggests

19. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

20. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Wow I have just read the drama here. Crazy enough story. My thoughts are that @bmsingha, you cannot blame the developer 100% because this is also the publisher and dev studio's responsibility to do everything possibly can to avoid things to happen like this. That includes that the contract should state that the game designer / developer guarantees that it was an original idea and not a copyright infringement. If this is the case then developer breached the contract so you can punish him/her with shutting down payouts and to threaten him to sue him for damages.

And it is also your credibility too, so please make sure you settle down a licensing with the original authors of this game, otherwise remove it from the store -- you do not want to deal on copyright issues with Apple :)