Rewared Video with AppLovin instead of HeyZap

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Gregory Storm, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

In BB1, I only see HeyZap under the Rewarded Video -> Ad Network drop-down. I don't use HeyZap and don't want to switch to them and loose out on the deals I already have with AppLovin. How do I add AppLovin to that drop-down?

2. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi,
    You can add your AppLovin details in HeyZap Dashboard, enable it and then you will see also AppLovin Interstitial and Reward Video Ads in your game.
    It will be together with HeyZap Ads.
    We have made post https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/android-setup-for-reward-video-ads.2210/ for assistance how to made small change in Eclipse to enable 3-rd Party SDK, in your case AppLovin.
    If you will need help, leave us message and we will try to do out best to assist you.

3. epicman121

epicman121 Boxer

i have a question to do you make money with the applovin ads showing up on your screen or if you click on the ads it or install the ads and can you use game ads with applovin?

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

There is currently no way to use a different rewarded video network (aside from what @dusan20002 mentions, which may not accomplish what you want to do).

5. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Andy Thanks for letting me know. Is adding other options or at least adding a "Custom" option under rewarded video on the road map for BB1?

What about for or BB2?

6. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Thanks for the response but mediated eCPMs are not the same as direct eCPMs, so I don't want to use HeyZap ads in my app. Plus I don't want to loose higher paying inventory while HeyZap shows their lower paying inventory.

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Gregory Storm
    We don't have anything specific planned for rewarded video before BB 2.0 official. After 2.0 has not yet been defined. Most likely BB1 would not get any additions in this area.

8. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Andy After seeing the HeyZap message, AppLovin ads no longer work and I get this error message [PTAdAppLovinInterstitialDelegate] adDidFial: <ALAdService: 0x133b07df0> With Code - -1022

9. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Thanks @Andy. After reading your BB1 plans, I've decided to bite the bullet and try out HeyZap. Talking to all of the networks I use also made the decision a little easier. The revenue/eCPM performance won't be one to one, but it will at least give me rewarded video without having to manually code it every time I make changes in BB.