Revmob Pops-up While You Play

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by epimazzo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hi Boxers,

Does anybody knows what can be causing Revmob be showing up during the game play? This is so bad as user got distracted during the game and when it is back, it lost his actual game and need to start over again.

I have a few ad banners and interstitial setup but don't know why ads are showing up while user is playing the game. Really weird.

Thanks

volcank likes this.
  2. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I used to use Revmob a long time ago and I never use them now. Is your platform on Android or IOS? At android it had always been slow (this was in another game engine I used never tested in Buildbox.) If it is slow I would say go for Admob. It is always the fastest and best network and works good for me. Even Applovin ads sometimes seems to shut down my apps if the ads are like playable games etc. Also I realised at Buildbox in Advertisement settings set the Interstitial and Banner priority settings to Revmob and test again I realised not setting that up creates also a lack at Applovin and Chartboost. If that doesn't work go for other networks and don't waste time, at the end retention counts not the ad networks. Good Luck!

epimazzo likes this.
  3. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hey @volcank :)
    Thanks for your comment and tips. You know... I was thinking the same right after I have noticed that Revmob isn't the best ad network to use especially around Boxers. Not popular. My App is on air (IOS) and getting noticed locally. Sounds good but I still have bugs and improvements to do including this annoying ad issue that decrease user experience a lot.

I setup my Gmail account over Admob and I'll go over it migrating. The priority is set correctly on top also beacuse REbmob is the only ad network I use. So...

Thanks for your input!
    Great day!

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi yes. That is great to hear that your app is being noticed I hope the buzz gets bigger and wider. Yes the last thing you want for your game is being uninstalled because of bugs or lacking ads that will disturb the gameplay. Btw Revmob is not so popular, it was before but now most people are going for admob or applovin or chartboost. Because Chartboost banned many indiedevs because of fraud (this was a big thing a few months ago) many developers lost their chartboost account and also chartboost lost its popularity. i am using admob most of the time and I am happy. Only thing is in order to get payment from them they send a physical mail with a pin in it. so you will wait for that and if you dont get it you will ask again and if not again and finally you will see a button that says something like confirm with a document or something
    there you will send them a scanned paper that you recieved either from a bank or some local post office etc. that has your addrrss on it. they just want to make sure you are the real person living in that address. when you send that you will have a confirmation email and you are ready to get your payment. the situation is the same for adsense as well if you would like to monetize a webpage or youtube. but once you do it for admob it will be ok for others. one tip btw. if you have an android port add a youtube promo video to your android by giving link to your youtube video. If your app gets popular people will watch your youtube promo through your google play and if you have set that to monetize you will also earn money from that youtube video as well. ;) Just make sure all the things in that videobelongs to you music graphics or you have the proper licence. So check youtube guidelines ;)

Btw can you send a link for your game I would like to test it. thanx

Good luck

Volkan

epimazzo likes this.
  5. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hi @volcank!

I'm running out of my time to squeeze all bugs and provide quickly fixes to avoid this kind of thing especially around ads. The game is getting a few buzz, I confess and I'm satisfied. Now, I have to focus on other plataforms beyond IOS so a revenue can start become a reality! :D:D

I started setting up Admob. Seems more complicated than Revmob at the first bite, but that's fine. I'll get used to. As I have my Adsense account already ON, I hope the payments come through it without any issues. Thanks here for the heads up and feeling.

Follow my Appstore link where you can testify the game! Ahhhh, post your comments later on! :cool:
    https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/brain-scape/id1204826986?l=en&mt=8

Cheers:)

6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi just played the game looks nice but I can not jump high enough on platform or the boxes I guess that is the main issue right now. the game is not playable or either I am doing something wrong. Also it would be great if you add a visible jump button. Btw now google and apple are changing the way they rank the game. they look for retention and the not the download numbers so make sure people will play your game. these are my opinions of course just telling what I see please don't misunderstand. I left a nice honest 5 star review btw using the keywords super mario, nintendo and gameboy. Admob might seem compliated but for me it is the easiest. btw yes ads lack a little but not too much. I mostly show ads after the character looses a life around after 3-5 times depending on the difficulty of the game. I saw that the lesser the ads the more retentiom rate.

Any ways good luck with the game and porting it to other platforms but I think all the bugs should be fixed before expanding.

I also would appreciate if you could give a 5 star review to my latest game. I hope you enjoy the game. It is like super mario run but I designed some surprises in it. I hope you enjoy the game

Voodoo Juju Run in Magic Jungle - Breakneck Runner by Volkan Kutlubay
    https://appsto.re/tr/koRrfb.i

Kind Regards and Good Luck with downloads.

Volkan

epimazzo likes this.
  7. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hey @volcank!

Thanks for your inputs. Really appreciate. Just din't get the your point properly where you say: "I can not jump high enough on platform or the boxes I guess that is the main issue right now" followed by the coomment -game is not playable-

Once you jump over a box or a plataform, you mean you cannot jump higher? The counter is set to 3. The number of jumps, from my point of view, are enough to go from one plataform or box to another and move on. I'm interested. Can you detail a bit more? Bugs are what I'm fixing. The 1st version came out with jump buttons in place of a joystick, but a few reports demonstrated not be so efficiently against a jump touch function. Then I decided to modify. It gives you more clean area and the usability sounds better especially the responsive thing when touched by the user.

Thanks for you review on App Store. Certainly it will help. I'll try yours as well and leave my comments. Looks cool. ;)
    good luck to all of us! :D

volcank likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,
    Sorry that was all my fault. I didn't realise you had like triple jumps so I couldn't even get through the first 3 boxes. LOL :) Then I got it and played while. It is quite challenging and fun by the way :) I will play the levels also. btw for arrows and jump button I would add really big invisible.squares there which will be the main functional buttons. And add the arrows as not functional only as a guide so even the player touches outside of an arrow but close to it, it will work. I have done that in one of my old games Ninja Kid vs Zombies. so basicallg you will have big invisible touchable squares in the game area. anyway it is up to you. I am just sharing my thoghts.

Thank you for liking my game and yes Good Luck to All Of Us :)))