Restore Purchase Button

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by Nihat, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Hi,
    Should i add restore purchase button as in-app purchase in iTunes Connect?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

No. You won't be charging for restoring the purchases. Just put the restore button in Buildbox and that's it.

Nihat likes this.
  3. navitudes

navitudes Boxer

I have the restore purchases button in my game.
    I just got this reply from Apple when I tried to publish it:

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:48 PM
    From Apple
    • 3. 1.1 BUSINESS: PAYMENTS - IN-APP PURCHASE
    Business - 3.1.1

We found that your app offers in-app purchases that can be restored but does not include a "Restore Purchases" feature to allow users to restore the previously purchased in-app purchases, as specified in the "Restoring Purchase Products" section of the In-App Purchase Programming Guide:

"Users restore transactions to maintain access to content they've already purchased. For example, when they upgrade to a new phone, they don't lose all of the items they purchased on the old phone. Include some mechanism in your app to let the user restore their purchases, such as a Restore Purchases button."

To restore previously purchased in-app purchase products, it would be appropriate to provide a "Restore" button and initiate the restore process when the "Restore" button is tapped by the user.

Request a phone call from App Review

At your request, we can arrange for an Apple Representative to call you within the next three business days to discuss your App Review issue.

To request a call and ensure we have accurate contact information, reply directly to this message with a contact name and direct phone number to reach you.

4. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I was rejected by similar reason. What is strange that I've used the same setting as in previous game with no such issue.
    I have no idea where I can change this setting to not to enter Apple ID and pwd when using Restore Purchase.
    Anything like that changed on AppStore or BB 2.2.8 lastly?

Guideline 3.1.1 - Business

We found that your app includes a feature to restore previously purchased in-app purchase products by entering the user's Apple ID and password. However, Non Consumable in-app purchases cannot be restored in this manner.

To resolve this issue, please revise your binary to remove this feature. If you would like users to be able to restore Non Consumable in-app purchase products, you will need to implement your own restore mechanism.

5. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

@navitudes We had this issue as well. It's not a big issue in general.
    Here some tips on how to pass this:
    1) re-upload the build with all the things AS-IS (so, it will go to another reviewer and it can be a solution)
    2) in the in-app purchase notes and in app submission notes point out clearly that you've made Restore Purchase button, where you placed it and how does it look like
    3) you can make Restore Purchase button not as an icon but as a phrase, so, it will be obvious for apple review team that this button will restore purchase.

Follow the options you like and you will resolve it.

6. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

This happened to me once, so I just replied to the apple reviewer/support the location of the restore button then it is approved next day.
    I didn't re-upload the app!!

7. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

It looks like a solution for @navitudes but what is a solution for me? It's a different case.
    I've already removed Ad Free option but want to add it still in next update.

8. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

If you remove the ads that is a non consumable IAP. That needs a restore purchase button placed in BB. If you are selling coins etc.. those are consumable IAP and do not need the restore purchase button.

Hope that helps.