[RESOLVED] loading time quadruplicated because of XML files

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Christoph, May 26, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I needed to update my game and for the changes I duplicated a world (the only one I have). I then made the changes and after finishing I deleted the old world to leave the new world as the only one left. I did this to assure I wouldn't make any mistakes and if, I could go back to the original world. At the end of my update, I was left with the same amount of scenes only with tons of changes regarding the actions and objects I used. The new updated version of the game is now actually much smaller, has less actions and less objects. The atlas shrunk to the half of its size. Look at it like a complete re-skinning of my action elements (please don't ask why).

The problem:
    When exporting the game and importing to Xcode, the xml files that get loaded at 23% loading time are now duplicated, triplicated or even quadruplicated. The game needs over a minute to start up to load all these files that actually don't even make sense. It should have stayed at the same amount of XML files.

Anybody has experienced this problem and knows how to resolve it? How can I delete the XML files my game doesn't need?

Help please!

Note: I just sent a mail to support, but tomorrow is Friday so they probably won't respond till Monday. @Andy is there a way to have a look at this faster than 24 hours? Also, it seems I can not access the support portal with my forum mail, but when I try to sign up, it says my mail is already taken...

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I just sent you email regarding the remove options under tools. Not sure if you know about that.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yep. Thanks Andy for responding that late. I already did that but will give it a second try and see if it changes anything. I also installed just 2.0.1 to see if it changes anything (the last version was exported with 2.0.1)

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

[​IMG]

I repeated the cleaning process of the remove options again (it seems I didn't use the unused scenes and components this time), exported again but all was the same. I then tried again and did all 5 in chronological order. It seems I didn't use the unused level objects either... and after cleaning them, the unused components cleaned again tons of items... lol. Now everything is back to normal!!!!

I love you so much Andy! Thanks for this great support that late. Hope I get the chance to hug you sometime.

edwin_simonds likes this.
  5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I didn't even know that was a word but I love it :)

edwin_simonds likes this.