Reset Distance Or Points

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Frederik, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Frederik

Frederik Boxer

Hi,
    I have a endless game setup with tutorial and two worlds. I am using distance (or points, does not matter) to show player progress. The scene graph:
    graph.png
    At start, you have 0 coins so tutorial will start (depends on decision node).
    Player will collect some coins at tutorial world and continue to "e-m_world". Then at some distance the player moves to next world (h_world).

Game have checkpoint system and using "Restart Checkpoint" action to do that. It works.

When player fails, the flow will go back to "tutorial" node, top-left at graph. Player have non-zero "total coins" so "e-m world" will start. But the distance (or points) will not reset. UI still shows non-zero value at start. I have tried all combinations of UI score display (World/Amount).

With one world game you can use "Restart" navigation button which restarts current world.
    How do I reset specific value for all worlds? Like distance, or points? (I want to be total coins intact).

Thanks for any help.

Vikas likes this.
  2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

send the BBDoc to Discord@buildbox.com and I think we will be able to help you out. in the email please explain exactly what you wish for it to do.

3. Frederik

Frederik Boxer

Thanks. Just sent the BBDoc with description.

4. Frederik

Frederik Boxer

In case of someone has similar problem here is the solution:
    Looks like adding another world (reminds me a great game here) in front, with reset component will fix the problem.
    Thanks to dev team for solution!
    resetSolution.png

5. Vikas

Vikas Avid Boxer

Hi I am facing same issue

my game is endless , so character travels from world 2 --> world 3--> world 2 , But whenever my character comes back to world 2 again its shows previous stored distance ;-(. do you mind showing you full game map ? or just explain how adding one more world solves this problem ? Thanks in advance .

6. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hello Frederik you can explain to me how you did for rest distance because I have the same problem with the points but I can not understand much about the images you have missed you can explain me a little more thank you for advanced

7. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

whitedogapp@gmail.com send me bbdoc

8. sandro

sandro Boxer

Hi Vikas, did you find a solution for this problem ?
    I have same problem cheers