Regarding The Price Plans

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Charles Rozén, May 19, 2021.

1. Charles Rozén

Charles Rozén Boxer

I just wonder how you guys are thinking. Lets say i go with the plan to get the version for 10$ a month.you get screwed as a creator. Lets say you have a publisher and they want 50%,Buildbox want 30% and lets say you want to put that game on Steam that means they also want money. There is almost nothing left for the person that created the game. How are we as content creators going to be able to make money ?We get pocket money for al our work. Have i understood your priceplans correct? Dont you think we creators get mad?

Green Fennec Studio likes this.
  2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey bud to be clear if dealing with a publisher each publishing deal will be handled individually, but the last thing we would want to do is jeopardize any relationship or deals for you with publishers. Please let us know if you have one in the works and we will discuss this directly with you.

3. Charles Rozén

Charles Rozén Boxer

With this new priceplan you are going to scare people of and its a new level of greed that is just sick.

Green Fennec Studio and Marclb like this.
  4. Valan

Valan Boxer

The free license with a 70/30 split for Buildbox/creator seems to contradict the CEO when he says they are "100% committed". The revenue threshold of $5 per month seems to negate any financial incentive a creator may have since an iOS dev license in $100 per year. So Buildbox is saying that a new creator should be prepared to lose money.

A 50/50 split would be acceptable since Buildbox shows that they value the creators and are in a full partnership with their users. The creator brings a game, and Buildbox brings a dev system.

A Threshold of $200 would be acceptable as this allows the creator to recoup and have the ability to pay for another year iOS Dev license before any revenue share starts. Another year as an iOS developer will probably be another year of Buildbox games.

5. Charles Rozén

Charles Rozén Boxer

well if Buildbox had any common sense i would look at my competitors.How mutch are they charging and what are their royaltys like.If buildbox thinks that we creators would be okay with that buildbox takes a huge chunk from our profits they dont dont value us as creators but only wants our money.