Puzzle Game Possible?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by SpoonCrysis, Sep 23, 2018.

1. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Hi Boxers

I am a new Boxer myself only been developing for about a month with buildbox.

I am transitioning from Gamesalad, I have already redevelopment one of my games in buildbox and that is now live on iOS and Android called Raiders

But I want to redevelop my game called Alley Cat on iOS and Android

the issue for me is there isn't really a puzzle tap to destroy game with buildbox.
    Alley cat is live on iOS and Android
    https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/alley-cat/id1089092127?mt=8
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pkerry12.AlleyCat

If any one has a template or guide on how to recreate my Alley cat game in buildbox I would really appreciate it.

2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

You can position the UI buttons exactly to where the objects are affected in the world. Check out the puzzle game Logi :)

3. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

that would work if I knew where objects we're going to be its a physics game the objects don't stay stationary.

please look at the game play to see what i mean

so buttons placement unless there is a way for controls to follow objects on screen.

4. DariusGuerrero

you can fill the UI screen with a bunch of buttons which respond to objects in the game field destroying the blocks.

5. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

I don't think your understanding how the game works.

please watch the video.

the objects are all physics objects so they will fall in random places there is no way to determine where they land.
    if I have buttons EVERY WHERE it won't matter where they touch on the screen it will destroy the objects.

the tap to destroy need to be linked to the object just like how I did it in the game with gamesalad. as shown in the video.

Or better yet download the game since its live on the iOS and Android its free, and take a look at how I designed it to play.

its great you're giving me solutions but if you haven't played the game before you can't really provide the right solution to this.

6. DariusGuerrero

i did watch the video and I did make a similar game with gamesalad even as there was a similar template on GSHelper. Sushi bros, that Jail game which I forgot the name of, and that other game with wooden blocks. I transitioned from Gamesalad as well.

Hi, this is hard to think about as I haven't made this type of game in BB before, but I will do my best and try to rephrase my suggestion. I might not have phrased my suggestion well enough.

I'm just giving you an idea to maybe place the UI buttons in a grid. Like 30-40 square buttons or more lined up in a grid. each of this button affect invisible on screen objects in the game field. These buttons destroy the invisible on screen objects, not the blocks.

These invisible on screen objects, when button on UI is pressed, will spawn a tiny explosion that does destroy the block it touches.

So in this case, even if the blocks are physics objects and yes they can go anywhere in the screen, an invisible object on the game field that spawns an explosion affecting the block in contact with it.

Hope this works for you. But I'm sure there are other ways of doing this too. Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    comicsmathias likes this.
  7. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Are you able to demo this in a build box project? I still don't really get what your doing to achieve

8. DariusGuerrero

Unfortunately, due to my busy schedule and the complexity of the project, I wouldn't have time.