Problems With 'watch Video To Continue After Died'. Solutions?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Jollydo, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

Ok, so i know how to implement this kind of reward video after watch the explanation video on YouTube.
    So when you die, you can chose to continue in the game after watching a reward video, or just press no to game to game over scene.
    I tested this and the basics works..

BUT, 1 found 3 problems with this. Do you know the solutions?
    1:
    Rewarded videos is Heyzap. But as i understood, if there is no rewarded video available at Heyzap, the rewarded-video-button in the game will be invisible. So what then? The logic right now is "If Heyzap rewarded video = unavailable then buildbox rewarded video purchase button = invisible"
    But is that is the case if would make sense if there is a rule saying "If video unavailable, then continue after died = unavailable, and just go to game over scene."
    Or am i missing something?

2: What if someone presses NO at the "Watch video to continue" scene. And what if the gameover scene is set to interstitial ads every 3 dies.
    Situation: Player died for 3rd time, presses NO, not wanting to do a rewarded video to continue, and after that immediatly sees the interstitial ad from the game over scene.
    isn't that weird? I think the player doesn't expect to see a video then, cuse in their logic they said no to watch a video...

3: How to show the "Watch video to continue" only once, so the 2nd time the player dies he goes strait to the game over scene. How to do this?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. I think this option has a lot of potential :)

Martijn

2. Frogger

Frogger Boxer

Hi, I have same problem and questions.
    My button "continue" is hidden after a few uses... Do you know why and what I can do for fix it? Thanks a lot.
    BTW I Love BB!

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Unfortunately all of this is not possible. There is no if/when function and there are no observers for that either. I guess in Buildbox 3 this is doable. However, there is one alternative which is not as good as the one described but still better than nothing: Add the continue button to the game over menu directly and you can do everything mentioned in the OP’s post.