Problem With... Collisions?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by nightmare, Apr 12, 2019.

1. nightmare

nightmare Boxer

Hi guys. I just signed up to this forum just to ask this question and maybe find the answer to my problem.
    I don't have any idea how to sort it out. I quickly made a 3 simple graphics in photoshop to show where
    lies the problem. Please look at the picture 1
    [​IMG]
    The idea is bassicaly to be able to move my character inside the red space without touching the blue space.
    Everytime when character touch blue part he would die. So I thought that I would just remove the red part
    in photoshop, so that all the blue space will remain with the empty figure inside. Then I would save this
    graphic as png file, so that the empty figure inside should remain transparent (picture 2).
    [​IMG]
    Than I would save as png only the red space (picture 3).
    [​IMG]
    The idea was to have 2 png files. Blue one with transparent (I was hoping) middle part set as "collide -> destroy character". On top of that layer I would put my red png figure. When I do that my character dies immediately... I know that I set up my first layer as "destroy the character", but I was hoping that after placing the png file with the transparent center part in the buildbox, the transparent space would remain transparent. I have no idea how to get around it. Any suggestion guys? If, of course, you know what I'm talking about :) Thx

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

The only work around - I assume this is BB2, is to create a collision sprite. You then use this sprite to cover the area you wish to collide, setting it to destroy character, if that is what you want. To make this work, you import the magnet as a decoration therefore it has no collision.

This video will help you

imonedesign likes this.