Problem trying to disable jump with gameplay action

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by stevinz, Oct 8, 2015.

1. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

I can remember in earlier versions of build box being able to use a gameplay action to disable jumping. If I remember correctly a jump counter value of 0 was used to disable it and a value of -1 provided unlimited jumping.

Now in v1.3.5 I am finding that a jump counter of value or either -1 or 0 both provide unlimited jumping. Is there another way to disable jumping now? Entering jump force values of 0 produce undesirable results as the character still moves just ever so slightly as the zero force jump is pushed through to the game.

2. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

@stevinz disable "Jump From Ground" as well as giving a jump count of 0.

3. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

Tried that, didn't help. It isn't enabled to start with in my game anyways... Very frustrating. I remember Andy saying on the old forum they "fixed" a bug with the jump counter, I think they may have introduced a new one haha

4. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Hmm very interesting because this method works for me but I don't know the settings for your game nor your game type. I'd email support tonight since you only have one day before the weekend. But yeah even with 0 for my jump it would still jump endlessly unless I disabled the jump from ground.

5. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

Thanks for your input. It does seem that in my gameplay action I'm using to try and disable jumping if I have "Jump From Ground" checked and "Jump Count" to zero then starting after the next time i hit the ground jumping is disabled. Problem is I'm trying to disable jumping mid-air and instead of disabling it the character gains unlimited jumping until he hits the ground again, which at that point could be never depending on how many times the player presses the jump button.

I suppose I'll email support. Thanks again.