Possible To Have Random Levels, But Have Level Come Only Once?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ThomasC, May 24, 2018.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

Hey guys,

Trying to have levels in world appear at random, but also once they've appeared once have them not come again?

Is this possible?

Thanks

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Hmmmmm there is a thing called Play Cooldown. You will see it top right when you click on a Scene tab.
    There's a lot of conjecture as to whether it works or not and how exactly it works and I haven't really seen a definitive answer but in theory if you set that to a high number like 999 or something the scene shouldn't reappear for a long, long time if at all during the duration of a gameplay session. Test it out and see if it works.

ThomasC likes this.
  3. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

yes! that works! thank you @AndyG .

I had to fool around with it a bit, but I ended up setting the play cooldown to 1 on all levels and my issue was I still wanted a specific level to appear at the end of the world that had a menu jump attached, but make all other the levels random and different each time the player died and repeated the world. I guess play cooldown doesn't work unless all of the levels are randomized, but what I did was once all cooldowns were set click edit > randomize scenes, but then drag that final scenes start point back to the sum of all previous levels distances (in this case start point of around 5500) and it works! Levels are randomized each time and only appear once, but always once the game has run through all of the levels the final level (the one with menu jump) appears.

Thanks man!

AndyG likes this.