Portrait Fit To Height

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by aoune_l, Jul 14, 2016.

1. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

my game is portrait and in stetting its fit to height , working well on preview for iphone 5 and in xcode for iphone 6 , but for the ipad my game on side is too stretched and you can see full object enemies that are on each side , want them like on iphone 5 preview , anybody can help me pls ?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Make your game fit to width. The downside is it will zoom in when you play it on an iPad. There is no other way. You need to design your game for all devices equally...

aoune_l likes this.
  3. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

how do you design for all devices equally? in buildbox is there different screen size work area ?

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You need to design for either height or width (and fit to that), one will be more important to your game than the other. This is typical for any platform you are using not just Buildbox.

So if you are designing for height you need allow for extra on the edges to fill in for different sized devices.

5. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

Hi Andy thanks for you reply , my game its like Mr umbrella means my character is falling and he jumps to avoid obstacles ,so i guess the design is more important for the width , so there is no way to make it accurate on height ?

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You could design for height, but then you need to leave filler on the sides for iPad.

7. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

Hi Andy i didn't quite get what do you mean by leave filler ??

here is preview ( portrait fit to height) for the ipad2 , next pic is the iphone5 , basically i want it like iphone 5 , thanks all for your help

[​IMG]

iphone 5 preview

[​IMG]

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

If you want the width to display the same on different aspect devices you need to use fit to width, there is not really any choice about this.

9. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

thank you! much appreciated