Portals - 1 Character In - 2 Out. But How To Get Back To Just 1?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Phill Mason, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey folks, I'm having difficulty with portals in V2.2.9. I have 1 character going into a portal that has 2 exit portals and now I have 2 x characters (balls) on screen. You have to then steer these two characters into either one of two additional portals and they then exit one final portal.

This all works as expected, but does anyone know how to get 2 x character back to just a single character? I basically need to kill off one of the characters whilst leaving the final character to finish the level alone.

volcank likes this.
  2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

did you place a gate keeper?

3. Phill Mason

Hi @andre_sprs, no I didn't, do I need to? I can't find any tutorials about the gatekeeper and I've never used it before, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks. There is a tutorial on the Buildbox Youtube channel titled: Portal and Gatekeeper Logic Piece - Buildbox 2 Tutorial but it doesn't cover any details about the Gatekeeper.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Gatekeeper is easy, it only lets X copies of the character pass through it. That's pretty much it. :)

5. Phill Mason

Got it, thanks. Just been playing around with it and I can see I need to use it in conjunction with a portal, otherwise it's game over :) Having a gatekeeper either side of my screen allows the user to go into either portal, but only allows one to come out. Works great, thanks @Andy.