Please Update Chartboost And Heyzap Sdk

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by oni3350, Nov 3, 2016.

1. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

I use buildbox because I don't understand game coding, creating a game with buildbox and now waiting for my first Apple store review has been awesome.

But im worried with the new SDK updates for Chartboost and Heyzap for iOS10 support is going to loose me a ton of revenue because my up to date BB version 2.2.6 hasn't updated the advertising SDKs.

And on the websites they are saying things like "As part of iOS 10, Apple is introducing major changes to its Limit Ad Tracking privacy option. These changes impact ad serving across all mobile games running iOS 10. Users that choose to turn on Limit Ad Tracking will affect any developer using a non-iOS 10 compatible SDK by limiting control over the number of ads shown per user."

According to Apple Developers 60% of users are using iOS 10.

I tried researching myself on updating the SDKs manually, but from not understanding game coding its been hard.

I got as far as deleting the framework folders for Chartboost and Heyzap and replacing them with the new ones from the sites. Opened in xcode, > Run and got a couple errors for HeyZap im not sure how to fix. (I also did the same for Admob, it gave an error, it just looks like it needs GLKit.framework for it to work, from the Googling I did on the error message)

For Chartboost it gave some warnings about not being supported for iOS 6, only 7 upwards. So I changed the build to 7, ran preview using iPhone 6s iOS 9.something and the Interstitials don't show. From reading the update guide on Chartboost it talks about the coding to call the ads being a bit different now, but I have no clue where to even change this.

So can support let us know what they are planning to do soon?

Or can someone be kind enough to do a detailed explanation for non coding people on how to update manually and make it a forum sticky? Im sure more people will run into this problem.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We should have some advertising updates at the end of November.

3. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

@Andy we gonna have Rewarded Interstitial from Admob in this update :D