Please Help To Add Countdown For Continue!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by kvk1991, Oct 2, 2017.

1. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

Please Help to add Countdown For Continue! 3,2,1,0

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You can create a WORLD UI or MENU UI, in the animation button "open", add 180 frames with a small movie, and then add the button to continue or "Event Observer"

3. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

I am sorry but I think you dont understud the quastion
    I'm working on a game now. The game is endless and contains a large number of scenes,I added a button in the game that if you want to continue after you die with the same score you have to watch the video, after watching the video you start the game at the last checkpoint,but because the character in the game flies,as the video ends you die quickly,that's why I need the countdown.I need the player to react and have time to prepare for at least 3 seconds.
    === Or after watching the ad (Reward Video) continue the game from the first scene with the same score.

4. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

The same question in Forum exist : https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/countdown-for-continue.10580/
    but there is no answer,I searched a lot for this question through the Internet but I can not find it
    If anyone can help me, I will be very grateful!

5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I understood perfectly.
    Please watch this game, it is from @Christoph, as you can see in the image, you have a prize to continue if you watch 1 video, with a countdown.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fortyfourgames.uplift
    https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/uplift/id1277325019

Attached Files:

AaroArts likes this.
  6. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

Very nice game!
    I played the game and I press on continuie button but is not what I want
    I need after press on Reward Video Button to continuie to appear 3 second countdown(3,2,1 then message tap to start).
    Because in BB after you watch Reward Video to continuie suddenly you start to play.

7. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  8. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

After revive to have3 second countdown or just +++TAP TO START+++

9. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

The problem is:
    - after I watch the RewardVideo my character falling down and I dont have time and reaction to tap the screen to fly , and my character die.
    About the Continue RewardVideo button: usually in games like this there is a "count down" feature after finishing the video where the ball is frozen in suspension and a countdown is given (5 or 3 seconds) or the character is frozen until the player starts tapping again. Do you think I can make count down or to frozen character until the player start tapping again in Buildbox???
    Please help, I will appreciate very much.

10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Can you not add a different world under the Reward Video UI?

11. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

Sorry I dont understand,
    What you mean?

12. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I thought you meant you didn’t have enough time to react because your Character was moving in your world while you watch a Reward Video?

If not, and you just need more time, you need to send your user to a new UI that has a long “open” animation, as suggested above, for 180 frames.

Alternatively you could do a trick like put an Action over your character that doesn’t allow them to move, then slowly move a second Action into the scene so it hits your character after a while and allows the player to move.

it depends what you’re aiming to achieve.
    Do you have a video?

13. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

Hi,
    Thaks for replay,
    When I watch video the character is not moving(I dont know what he is doing). When Video is finishing and I press X on ad (after 30 seconds) the character appear , and in 1 second fall down, and is game over. I need after 30 seconds of video ad my character to appear frozen in the world or to have 3 seconds count down, to have time to tap the screen.

14. kvk1991

kvk1991 Boxer

Play this game :
    I need something like this after watch video add
    Or you can play Flappy Dunk by Voodoo. After you watch continue reward video button (in game is named "second chance") your charcter is start in pause(frozen) with same score.And when you tap screen the game is continue.
    Thank You.
    @AaroArts

15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

As suggested above, use a longer open animation on your Worlds UI, set to 180 frames.
    Don’t have the jump button appear until the after the 180 frames has passed.
    Put an invisible platform that is slowly moving away from the checkpoint, that after 3 seconds let’s your Character fall.

There’s many ways this can be done. Just play around with things and solve one problem at a time.

Alternatively you could play around with Actions and change the gravity for 3 seconds.

Christoph likes this.
  16. sebb121

sebb121 Boxer

Hey, has anyone found a working method for this?

17. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

The solution is in the thread :)

Christoph likes this.