Planned Features Roadmap?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by PendingFox, Aug 26, 2018.

1. PendingFox

PendingFox Boxer

Hi guys,
    I'm a co-founder of a Game Dev studio, we're mostly focused on Unity and Unreal atm but we're always looking for new tools, engines and development opportunities in general to expand our development pipeline.
    First of all, I want to point out that I'm a big fan of you guys and just trying to bring my two cents to the table. So please take it as a 100% genuine and constructive start of a debate.

I've been around here for a while but never registered on forums until a week ago and the main reason for that was the new Buildbox 3 beta, with it's new 3D features. I assume you guys decided to go even further beyond "casual gaming" letting us have more control over buildbox's API. i.e. make more advance games.

To be honest I keen to use Buildbox for our in-house prototype pitching, I like the way you guys treat the UX making thinks kinda simple, and scripted nodes are a great middle ground between FSM and actual codding so kudos to that.

But....

I really need some sort of a RoadMap to get a clue what to expect, what's under dev right now and what's promised to be the next feature and actually take a chance and dive into it. I'm sure I don't have to explain why the roadmap is a common practice for many many mainstream software products(including but not limited the game engines).

Also the lack of API docs is kinda dealbreaker from me and I'm sure for many of other devs too. I understand that it's still under development and experimental but at least an auto-generated class reference would help a lot, with summaries for each public method.
    Same goes to Paid Beta versions, which are IMO slowing down the process of testing and bug reporting. I don't find it reasonable to pay per seat licenses for beta versions to let my teammates test it out.
    I hope this issues will be addressed so we(small dev studios) could dive into it and make new more advanced games while making you guys proud <3

Best regards,

Fox

2. PendingFox

PendingFox Boxer

Sorry for the typos, I can't edit my post.