Physics Question

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by djseanmcclellan, Oct 6, 2015.

1. djseanmcclellan

djseanmcclellan Boxer

Hey guys, I have a question about some physic functions. If I were wanting to have an object project from the bottom of the screen, what tool will I need to use to make that happen? I have tried messing with the angular and linear velocity but still not getting the results I am looking for. Thanks for you time!

Sean McClellan

2. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Hi @djseanmcclellan when you say project do you mean you want it to move in a steady linear path? Or do you want it to shoot up the screen or perhaps burst up the screen? If you want it to move when the character gets near then set the linear velocity in the object to what you need it to be and then set the "wake up" distance or wake up collision so that when the character gets near it will do what you programmed it to do in regards to the velocity setting. If wake up is set to 50 then the character needs to be within 50 pixels for it to wake up for example. Physics objects will be affected by gravity. So for example if you give the physics object a positive linear velocity Y then it will pop up the screen then fall down to the ground due to gravity; obviously the larger the value you give it the bigger the pop. If it's a fixed object then it will move in a steady linear fashion and will not be affected by gravity. If your rotation is not altered then positive x will go toward the right side of the screen and vice versa. Positive Y will go up the screen and vice versa. Hope that helps.

3. djseanmcclellan

djseanmcclellan Boxer

Thanks man! Really appreciate it!