Photoshop resolution size?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Fractal, May 31, 2016.

1. Fractal

Fractal Boxer

I want to layout and design my first game in Photoshop that is played to utilize the full screen, but I understand different devices such as iphone/android devices have different resolution and sizes.

My question is what size document should I make in Photoshop so I can start laying things out or how do I go about this issue?

2. Depuuty

Depuuty Avid Boxer

To be honest I don't think accuracy on Photoshop really matters too much
    but here are the resolutions for ios, in case you haven't found them
    I would just use 375 × 667 if you want to go scene by seen.. other wise drag out the length or width depending on portrait or landscape so it gives you room for numerous levesl.. does that make sense lol?

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/ultimate-guide-to-iphone-resolutions

3. Fractal

Fractal Boxer

Hey thanks for the reply

Well im trying to make a game thats a static screen rather then scrolling.

For instance Iphone 6 screens are 1920x1080. I could create the game to that size, but then im worried on other devices that they will trim other areas off, or do other devices stretch them?

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

5. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Design you game to fit iPhone 6. Also, make sure you check "stick to edges" .

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

It depends on how you set it up, but yes, BB can stretch vertically while images and game scenes may cut off horizontally. You need to design your game in a way that it looks good on both iPhone and iPad and other devices with different screen ratio. Common sense here is not to use a frame around your screen estate or place critical game objects to places that might be not visible on certain devices...

7. Fractal

Fractal Boxer

Cheers for the tips guys. Yeah figured to avoid frames and anything that aligns perfect to edges