Oh My God

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Oeuvre, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Oeuvre

Oeuvre Boxer

So I've been working on this damn game for over 2 months now and each day brings something new and stupid. Today for example. Today I added more sound to my bosses. One of the bosses ... malfunctioned because of this ... but after fucking around with it a few hours (hours!) I unfucked it.

Then it was finally time to add my flight path (dogfight/space shooter BuildBox 2) ... I haven't changed shit accept adding multiple of the same things that were previous working fine.

For the most part - everything is still the same ... but for some dumb ass reason - my character takes damage even when there isn't shit around it! double-you-tee-eff?!!

Anybody have any idea why? I already went into all of my enemies and path shapes .... and adjusted them .... which I'm not even sure what that would have to do with anything but it was all I could think of ... and it for some reason, helped a little - but not completely.

How in the fuck is this happening?? There is literally nothing around the damn ship.

2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

LOL. Isnt game design fun? Something always breaks. Anyways, try turning on DEBUG mode in BB and while playing. See if you can see any hidden objects colliding with your player.

3. Oeuvre

Oeuvre Boxer

Did that. Still nothing.

What helped a little was making the damage action smaller inside of the enemies. It seems to have something to do with the damage actions radius. Which doesn't make any sense because there's no way to control that other than to adjust the objects collision shape or make the damage action object even smaller. Again, the latter helped but my character is still randomly taking damage here and there.

I tried to remedy this by thinking I'd add a power up - a power up meaning - health replenishment but I can't find a tutorial anywhere.

Would you happen to know how to replenish the health in my health bar?

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

To be honest, i would have to get my hands on it myself in order to fix the issue. If you want, you can send me the bbdoc. Likely wouldn't take me long to fix.

Oeuvre likes this.
  5. Oeuvre

Oeuvre Boxer

Skype would be better