Object Rotation Help

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by patostar, May 17, 2019.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I have an object with angular velocity and it's rotating, but I want to connect it to a platform and this platform is moving to the right, when I connect the platform to the rotating object this object stops rotating, and if I connect the rotating object to the platform this platform rotates with it, both ways are wrong, how do I do this the right way? Please this is important for my game, I've been struggling for days now.

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Is this in BB2? You might be better off just animating the rotating object rather than trying to figure this out. I don't think it's possible in BB2. Or, the only work around I can think of trying is to create a new connector object - that connects the platform to the connector object, then connect the connector object to your rotating object, then set the opacity of the connector object to 0 so its invisible.

3. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hey, yes it's BB2, yes you are right it's better to just add animated pngs for the object, but the problem is the atlases will increase, I don't want this to happen, I will try your way and hope it works, thanks a lot for your help.

spicedbeangames likes this.