New update for BuildBox 1.3.6 ?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by tarasgasparin, Dec 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. tarasgasparin

tarasgasparin Boxer

Any date for a new update about Buildbox 1.3.6? I experience a lot of bugs and i hope a new version it will be available!

Thanks,

Kamil Kucma likes this.
  2. hokuto_tc

hokuto_tc Boxer

hi @tarasgasparin and everyone else on this forum,
    I will be buying BB soon, travelling now so I need to wait to get back home first

I have seen this and some other posts about BB1 crashing too often, bugs, not being able to complete projects until maybe 1.3.5 etc...
    I was a bit surprised to see these posts and your post above because of course I can see a number of games built with BB1 on the iOS App Store.

So I don't understand. Has BB1 been able to deliver the experience it promises? Create fully working games that you can upload and players can play without the game crashing often?

I am asking this
    1) because I cannot match the idea of BB1 being too buggy if there are BB1 based games that have been featured on the App Store.
    2) if BB1 did not deliver on its promise then one would need to investigate more before becoming a new customer and investing in BB2 as BB2 is based on and an expansion of BB1 (as far as I can tell)

If you are an happy customer that has successfully used BB1 to create games, monetize them etc... please post a positive comment so I can see that I don't need to worry too much. Yes I know there will always be a few bugs as BB gets improved, features added, new iOS and other OSs' updates, xCode updates etc... But as long as overall you can start/finish/publish/monetize games then overall it would be a positive experience

thanks

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    madgicgadget likes this.
  3. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

I've built several BB games. Many people have built BB games. The only bug I have gotten is the occasional, random crash.
    So... I save often. I also create and save all my BB docs on Dropbox. So I can pull up my save file either on my laptop or iMac.
    Buy without fear. BB is a very creative platform. BB2 is looking even better. Save Often and prosper.

netkomm and hokuto_tc like this.
  4. tarasgasparin

tarasgasparin Boxer

@hokuto_tc i agree with @ajcoryat Buildbox its great software and allow you to give a chance to realise a lot of ideas about creating games. All this bugs are not so big that you cant publish a game. But in a process ob creating sometime its just more difficult. So this is not a reason for buy or not the software.

hokuto_tc likes this.
  5. hokuto_tc

hokuto_tc Boxer

thank you for your replies

tarasgasparin likes this.
  6. tarasgasparin

tarasgasparin Boxer

7. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

From what i see the update it going to be released along with BB 2.0 and i think that there is going to be another event of launching the new product and the two games that was created so the date in january 2016

8. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

We're hard at work for 1.3.6 to be released and be as stable as possible. Of course there will always be some bugs in this type of software but many have released successful games and we track and work to fix every bug discovered and brought to us. If you are serious about game making and business Buildbox we feel is a fantastic tool for the market :)

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  9. tarasgasparin

tarasgasparin Boxer

10. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

I get the occasional crash also. But nothing that does not happen with other software. I save all of my stuff to my google drive and work between laptop and desktop. I am loving it so far. 1st game coming soon.

11. lauro_sousa

lauro_sousa Boxer

For God sake... Hurry up in the release of BB 1.3.6 update !

tarasgasparin, wesam_badr and trudnai like this.