New Facebook Page - Market and Connect with Developers

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by bluewarrior170, Apr 9, 2016.

1. bluewarrior170

bluewarrior170 Boxer

Hey Guys,

I have created a private Facebook Group called 'The Developers Hub' which you can check out here ---> https://www.facebook.com/groups/1163626746983217/

I plan to create a small, strong community of developers who use Buildbox and can help each other out. On this page we can:
    - Leave reviews on each others apps
    - Find new ways to promote each others apps
    - Share artwork and ideas with each other
    - Ask for thoughts and opinions
    - Ask questions and help each other overcome issues

And much more...

By being apart of a Facebook group we can talk more freely with one another and network better. Being apart of a strong community like this would be highly beneficial to all of us. I am not looking for selfish people but for people who want to help other developers grow and grow themselves in the process.

I will also be creating a group chat so we can talk on a more personal level and discuss all sorts of app related things! Being such a small community we can also assist each other in a better way than a community with thousands of people would.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for the new group and be sure to join!

Jamie likes this.
  2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Umm sounds great.
    But isn't that what the forum is for, and we are doing already.
    Also @Jamie has already made a Facebook Page for users/Developers to promote their Apps.
    Not wanting to burst your bubble, Your Page sounds great,
    But the forum is the best place for all you have described, and a Page made for promoting your games and receiving reviews.
    Also the forum and its users are the best for reviewing your games.
    Just my thought.
    All the best with it.

Jamie and odigames like this.
  3. bluewarrior170

bluewarrior170 Boxer

Thanks for the feedback. The page I have created isn't just to showcase games, the forum is obviously better for that. It is to connect with other developers on a more personal level. By doing so we can do more things and help each other out more, if you understand what I mean. It is the reason I hope to keep the Facebook group small.

Jamie likes this.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Your group looks like it could work if what you are going for is developer-to-developer interactions. I'll join it. Still, I am not sure about how much benefits the facebook group will have over this Buildbox forum. I guess the main unique benefit would be more opportunities to connect with developers who are not using Buildbox? Either way, there are some Buildbox developer groups on facebook too, and I guess another developer can't harm anyone. It can only be one more avenue for sharing.
    If people want to market their games to larger numbers of people, there are already several groups on facebook with membership levels in the thousands -- some in the tens of thousands.
    I am trying to build this particular group up in ways that mix developers and gamers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/shamelessgamepromotion/
    I started it in Late Dec 2015, and since then it has attracted an average of 100 new members per month.