New Boxer

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Walid, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Walid

Walid Boxer

Hi there!

I just purchased Buildbox, I'm very excited to start making games, which is something I wanted to do for ages... any beginner tips are welcome, also if you need a beta tester for your games feel free to PM me.
    I look forward to connect with you guys. :)

Cheers,
    Walid

PS: Is there any official BuildBox Facebook group?

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Walid and spicedbeangames like this.
  3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

4. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hello Waliid! Stoked to have a new member to the fold! Both @AndyG and @OneHitGamer had good suggestions. You're in the right place if you're looking for help. There are some great resources here and don't be afraid to ask any questions. Lots of members on here are really helpful and really nice too (most of the time) ;)

Walid and AppNasty like this.
  5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, we get the occasional grumpy pants here and there. But if you have a question, search the forums and if it hasnt been answered or you're struggling, make a post. For the most part, you will be a BB pro in no time as BB is stupid easy. Just have to keep using it over and over and within days you will be comfortable with it. I suggest maybe download one of my games...my full games...mess around with them....change this or that...learn the functions. Then get one of your games on google or apple. Go through that process. Next thing you know you will be a seasoned pro answering peoples questions just like we are! Yay! questions!

Walid and Collin Wade Thiessen like this.
  6. Walid

Walid Boxer

Thank you everyone! All your suggestions are valuable.
    For now I'm following these tutorials Make Your Own Game Series, my goal is to have a basic game ready in the next 30 days, I'll keep you updated.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    ZackGriset likes this.