Need Help Please, How To Create A Rate Button?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Darbo528, Aug 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

Need help please on how to create a rate button? Can you tell me the process how & where to get the URL?

Thanks in advance! God bless!

2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,you will find the option to add review in settings page of game.Look for icon on top right.And in order to add review/rate button just drag and drop navigation button to an ui and choose review option from right side dropdown.
    Alternate method
    Just drag and drop an url button on UI and add the url link.You may also use redirect option to show review after few playback too.
    Hope this helps.

Darbo528 likes this.
  3. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

Thanks a lot TheGameAppStudio! But where can I get the URL? Do i need to submit my app & wait for apple’s approval then get the URL & re-submit my app?

Thanks again!

4. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,You are welcome :) .Regarding url if its an android game search for some game/app on google and navigate to it on ur pc (inorder to get url) or if its app just click share button and choose share via email option to get url.By the way coming to url in pc look for the package name/bundle id and replace with your bundle id here is url https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id= add your package name after = symbol

For ios :First export game and open it via Xcode.Now generate app via automatic signing to run on simulator .Now after few minutes log in to apple member center and generate keystore for debug,adhoc and appstore matching your game/app package.Now download it and add it to your existing xcode file.
    Go to Appstore Connect or itunes connect and create your app with the provided bundle id.Now you would generate a list to publish your app.In that you would find an id for your game.Just copy it. Here is the link for itunes https://itunes.apple.com/app/id(Your Id)?mt=8 Note:Replace (Your Id) with id copied ie idxxxxxxxxxxx .
    And add url to the rate button finally.Export.Follow above steps .Upload.Submit and Enjoy :)
    Hope this helps

Darbo528 likes this.
  5. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

Thank you so much again for your time TheGameAppStudio! This really helped me a lot! God bless you!

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  6. TheGameAppStudio

No mention :)

Darbo528 likes this.
  7. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

One more question TheGameAppStudio, is it possible to create a in-app purchase button with different Buy coins amount? I mean if i want to create a buy 5000 coins for $1.99, buy 15000 coins for $5.00? I tried making a 3 different action for coins, 1 for reward coins, then 2 for the buy coins options... but it’s not working.

8. TheGameAppStudio

Yes you can.First add coins as action and set the amount of coins required.Then go to UI add purchase button and choose corresponding action from dropdown tab in right hand side and below tick buy and use and select inapp purchase from dropdown.Add your in app id.
    That's it :)

Darbo528 likes this.
  9. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

It works! Thanks man!
    How about Restore Purchase button? Is it possible with Buildbox?

10. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

Restore Purchase button for Remove Ads only.

11. TheGameAppStudio

You are welcome :) .
    For restore button just add a character button and select restore purchase option from dropdown in right side :) .It restore all purchase..

Darbo528 likes this.
  12. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

Hello TheGameAppStudio! I tried to add a character button but I don't see any restore purchase option from the dropdown on right side.

13. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,Oops sorry Not character button :) Drag and drop navigation button from button tab :) Try to explore all the elements in the software :) U could only learn from mistakes so always save the project before experimenting :p

14. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

Thanks for your patience TheGameAppStudio :), I really appreciate your help. Its now working. ;)
    Did you have issues about reward buttons? I am experiencing errors right now because when I'm testing my game on the BB simulator, the reward button is there but when I test it with xcode simulator on my iphone it doesn't appear...
    Do I need to make a seperate reward ads on admob for reward coin button (I am following Zack's tutorial on Heyzap mediation)? Because I also have a second chance video reward button on my game UI when the player is dead.

Thanks in advance!

15. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,You are welcome :) For reward videos i suggest you test on real device.Its always different testing on simulator .

Darbo528 likes this.
  16. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

Thanks again TheGameAppStudio! I just removed my reward video button, it's not working... I'll just update my app in the future...
    Have you tried sandbox testing on itunes connect?

17. TheGameAppStudio

Ok.... :)
    Regarding sandbox just add your alternate email as a sandbox user and log in on your device with those account credentials.

Darbo528 likes this.
  18. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

can you try sandbox without submitting your app yet to the apple store for review? Or do i need to submit an archive of your game to the testflight first?

19. TheGameAppStudio

Yes you can.No need to submit an archive.

Darbo528 likes this.
  20. Darbo528

Darbo528 Boxer

Thanks man. About In-App Purchase button, once you entered the store identifier(Bundle ID + removeads) on BB, that's it? You don't have to add codes in xcode? Because I was testing my game on my iphone & tried the in-app options but it cannot connect toitunes store (transaction error). Is there something wrong with my game? Because I already uploaded my archive on testflight the status is ready for testing...

Any advise bro? thanks in advance again!