My Suggestions & Feedback For Animationbox!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Qdeveloper, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Hi buildboxers,

After I use AnimationBox to our upcoming game, I would like to submit my feedback and suggestions for future improvements.

The first thing which is very annoying, When I attach the image to specific bone, The image will be altered/changed their sizes, Which rarely needed and can damage the quality of the animation in my opinion.
    Disabling this feature in the settings will be handy. :)

The second note I realized, It's for the human animation template, Which i think the walk animation seems wrong. It took me too much time to adjust it. The arms and legs always go in opposite direction when it's walking. But this not the case for this model, I understand this is a basic template. But the idea for it to save developer time to make beautiful animations with less effort, I am sure this can be improved even further, especially the jump animation which currently give me a nightmare.

Finally, The software crash often on my system, I hope it can restore any open files when it closes out of sudden, I also find the Undo feature sometimes cannot restore bone/image original position or angle correctly, Which I believe it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

That's all I have for Animationbox. Hopefully, those issues would be addressed in the next updates :)

2. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Thanks for the feedback!

>The first thing which is very annoying, When I attach the image to specific bone, The image will be altered/changed their sizes

This has been the subject to some debate internally. Some wanted no size changes, but then all the images from the default library were huge. Others wanted it adjusted for each one, and you can imagine the pain to do that... plus how would it work for outside images? I agree an option would be good. Will send this over to dev team.

>The second note I realized, It's for the human animation template, Which i think the walk animation seems wrong.

Interesting, did not notice that. Will send to dev team as well.

>Finally, The software crash often on my system

Can you send details of this to support? Not aware of any big crashes right now. So need to nail down the issue there.

Qdeveloper and AppNasty like this.
  3. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

@TreySmith

Thank you, I am happy to know you will consider the improvments for the animationbox tool :D

Regarding the bugs, I will try to produce the bug and record video beside the file as well to the support team.