My Game Is Rejected

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Karim Amlal, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Karim Amlal

Karim Amlal Boxer

hi guys i build my game from a 0 and is he rejected
    these are the causes by which they are rejected my games :

"This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata.
    2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval
    2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website
    3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app
    4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app
    5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app
    5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used"

it's the third game that was refused by the same causes.

you find my games in the picture is very simple I have not understood why they are refused my games.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      178.6 KB
      Views:
  2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

They should give you the reason at the bottom of all that drivel text. I had the same issue trying to release my soccer game. I've waited 2 weeks for it to be reviewed and they said that the 'World Cup' is trademarked - when it actually isn't. I've sent them proof - directly from FIFAs website and I am still waiting.

Not going to bother launching it now as the tournament has started and the opportunity missed.

Karim Amlal likes this.
  3. Karim Amlal

Karim Amlal Boxer

they gave me nothing here is the full text :

From Apple
    Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website
    3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app
    4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app
    5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app
    5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines. You may reply to this message in Resolution Center or the App Review Information section in App Store Connect to verify this app’s compliance.

Given the tendency for apps of this type to violate the aforementioned guidelines, this review will take additional time. If at any time we discover that this app is in violation of these guidelines, the app will be rejected and removed from the App Store, and it may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account.

Should you choose to resubmit this app without confirming this app’s compliance, the next submission of this app will still require a longer review time. Additionally, this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until we have received your confirmation.

Since your App Store Connect status is Rejected, a new binary will be required.

4. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Honestly man, I think you might need to spend some more time making a game that is more unique. Apple is getting sick of games that look/feel like many other games already released. From the fast screenshot, it doesn't seem like there is a lot of depth to this one currently.

klkev and Karim Amlal like this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Same happened to me and a lot of other developers. It's very common right now. Apple is trying to clean their store. It almost seems they reject almost every game with this same message. I know 5 people with the same problem.

What I did is I replied and said my game is good to go and that none of the mentioned points applies in any way to my submitted game (which of course was as well true). 3 days later after the week-end (and 10 hours in review) it got approved.

Appossible and Karim Amlal like this.
  6. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

7. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Actually it's not just with games. Even with apps that are original. It's Apple's way of warning the developer of the consequences should they breach the terms & conditions set. Take it as a form of reminder. It happened to all of our other non game apps too. Just reply to message and assure them that the app is in compliance and they will usually approve within 3 - 5 days :)

Appossible likes this.
  8. Max

Max Boxer

sometimes i feel like Apple Review team is a Robot..... i have this problem and my app is a normal app and not a game (and not exist others apps equal to my app)

I have confirmed that my app does not violate any of the above guidelines (the day 3 of July but they dont reply my message) What can i do ? submit again the same binary or wait the reply ?

9. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Electronic Arts owns the trademark for FIFA World Cup games. They have for decades.

10. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Read what I said. It will help you.

11. Max

Max Boxer

My app continue rejected (after of 5 days) i sent a message to Apple confirmed that my app does not violate any of the above guidelines. What can do ? continue waiting a reply or submit again the binary

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Sometimes submitting a new binary is faster. But in theory it shouldn't be necessary. You can ask for a revision of your case. But I would do it after Monday. It's a high probability your case will get looked at tomorrow. You can do this here: https://developer.apple.com//contact/app-store/?topic=appeal Hope that helps.

13. Max

Max Boxer

I dont have lucky lol... and apple review team is a robot

After Apple rejected my app

I replied her message saying " I confirm that my app does not violate any of the above guidelines"

- I was 5 days waiting a reply to my message but how nobody replied me back, i Submitted the binary again

- Today my app was rejected again (with the same message)

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

3.2.1 - Do not come from the financial institution performing the loan services
    5.2.3 - Facilitate illegal file sharing or include the ability to save, convert, or download media from third party sources without explicit authorization from those sources
    5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines. You may reply to this message in Resolution Center or the App Review Information section in App Store Connect to verify this app’s compliance.

Given the tendency for apps of this type to violate the aforementioned guidelines, this review will take additional time. If at any time we discover that this app is in violation of these guidelines, the app will be rejected and removed from the App Store, and it may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account.

Should you choose to resubmit this app without confirming this app’s compliance, the next submission of this app will still require a longer review time. Additionally, this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until we have received your confirmation.

14. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Well without seeing your game/app it’s hard to know what the issue is. Maybe post a video of it showing all the features in it.
    But by the list of guidelines they listed you have a lot of problems with it.

Christoph likes this.
  15. Max

Max Boxer

i can guarantee that my app dont violate these guidelines...basically all this is a false accusation of Apple and the worst.... this look like a generic message

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

And it is. I have had that same message with one of my latest submissions. It's this message or it is Game Design/Spam (4.3). If a new build didn't work do as I said: go to the appeal site and appeal the rejection. Write them that your game is unique in gameplay and design and that you have done all the development yourself. Tell them that you are not aware of similar games and that you would appreciate it if they could point towards the games they think you are copying to investigate the matter because it would mean that they are copying you. And in the end ask them to kindly review the app again and accept it in the App Store. Also tell them that you are available to talk about any issue by phone and add your phone number. I have done this several times already, including the last time I got a rejection and my app went into review the next day.

adrogdesigns and bmsingha like this.
  17. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

Two of my games were rejected by this 2.1 guidelines and they have got approved now.
    What you need to do is (like Christoph said) just reply them "I confirm that my app does not violate any of the above guidelines" and wait about 2 or 3 days maybe more. Do nothing, no submit again, no change anything.
    Then apple will continue with their review. If there's no more any problem it will get approved. If they found anything else, they will send you a message.

18. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

That's perfectly said @Christoph , we too have done the similar thing many times where we have requested to point out the game that they feel we have copied and let know if there is something specific they are disturbed with. To this usually they have approved the game in next 1-2 days. I assume this is nothing but just a common guideline point that they submit to developers if they are not willing to proceed to approve

Christoph and adrogdesigns like this.
  19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Apple likely rejected because you used the color blue. Copyrighted. Lmao

20. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

Guys, what the hell?!

All the games in my account (8 games in total) have been rejected and even removed already by same reason.
    Guideline 4.3 - Design
    , even one of them was approved yesterday!

It's ridiculous! I made them all by myself from 0! I Can't believe it!

Guideline 4.3 - Design
    Hello,

We are writing to let you know about new information regarding your app.

Upon re-evaluation, we found that your app is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, we found:

Design - 4.3
    Your app provides the same feature set as other apps submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language, which is considered a form of spam.

For this reason, your app will be removed from sale on the App Store at this time.

Deliberate disregard of the App Store Review Guidelines and attempts to deceive users or undermine the review process are unacceptable and is a direct violation Section 3.2(f) of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement. Continuing to violate the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program will result in the termination of your account, as well as any related or linked accounts, and the removal of all your associated apps from the App Store.

If you have any questions about this information, please reply to this message to let us know.

Best regards,

App Store Review