My 3d Objects Don't Appear In Buildbox 3! (blender)

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by landofgreendev, Jul 17, 2019.

1. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Hi!

I'm new to Blender and I am exporting my 3D object as an obj. but when I move it into Buildbox 3 it is nowhere to be seen - completely invisible.

Even when I look in the 'Mesh Manager' it is not shown. There must be something I am doing wrong in blender?

The reason why I am doing this is because I have an object which is set to a specific rotation (vertically, as that was how it was originally saved) but when it spawns in I need it to be horizontal. Instead it spawns in vertically and then rotates into a horizontal position - looks very unprofessional. I thought the best way to solve this would be to make it horizontal by default in blender, but as mentioned, I can't even see the .obj when dragged into Buildbox. If anyone knows how to solve this issue inside of Buildbox 3 that would be a great help - but if anyone knows how to correctly export blender files as obj's so they correctly appear in BB3 that would also help a lot!

Thanks!
    Will
    @Sean Buildbox @NikRudenko

2. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

try to export a regular cube and check the cube is in the center press file and export obj.
    thre is no reason you could not see the obj in buildbox

landofgreendev likes this.
  3. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Hi!
    Just tried exporting the default blender cube as an obj and even when dragging that into Buildbox I can't see it. I must be doing something wrong

4. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

Your using the latest buildbox 3d beta?

5. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Yepp!

I'm on mac - but even when I open (using Xcode) the obj I exported using blender, it doesn't show up. I might try uninstalling blender and reinstalling. The fact that I can't see the obj in ANY piece of software makes me think I am exporting it incorrectly.

6. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

try the latest blender 2.8 after unistalling cuz i on mac too with the latest blender build and buildbox and everything is ok with me.

7. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

I have just installed the 2.8 version and had a go but still no joy - couldn't see the object appear in Buildbox 3 - is there anything specific that I need to select? I attached a screenshot

Attached Files:

8. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

nothing press file then export on the bottom export as obj give it a name for say cube.obj and then just drag and drop from the desktop to the buildbox