Music starts from the beginning when hitting Back

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by FerZ, Apr 9, 2016.

1. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

Hi,

Every time I press the back button to Main Menu UI (where I have the game music set for the entire game), the song starts from the beginning.

This did not happen in BB1 since it continued looping non-stop through the entire game even if i pressed Back whenever i wanted.

Was this a new update from BB1 to BB2 or it is not supposed to be like this?

2. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

Stupid question here... did you put the music on each screen / world? If so... there's your problem. I haven't added music yet to my BB2 project, but I knew that in BB1 I just had to add the music to the first screen, and it would continue throughout the game.

3. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

No, i only add the music to the first screen. In BB1 as i said this didnt happen but im using BB2 and it happens.

4. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

Wow... hopefully it's a bug and not a new feature. That can get REALLY annoying for players.

5. nico

nico Boxer

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is confirmed NOT to be a bug. BB2 makes different use of the Game Mind Map and continuous music is not possible at the time!

Update: you can make a loop between game field and game over UI which works as expected. So if you never go back to the main menu it seems to be continous. Slip Away makes use of this for example.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

There are 2 possible work arounds. The final solution will be to allow the "Start" UI to have music.

1) Create a one time Main Menu... your game would only use this version of the Main Menu on startup... then it would visit the real Main Menu any other time. Your "fake" Main Menu would have the music.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fzvfrozk8dthio/Screenshot 2016-05-31 15.15.32.png?dl=0

2) Create a pass through world between the Start UI and the Main Menu. Where the character appears over a menu jump and immediately forwards you to the Main Menu.

The key here is that you need to start the music you want to loop through the whole game on a UI that you never visit again.

Christoph likes this.
  8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

that's brilliant... i likey

9. nico

nico Boxer

Then I suppose the sound button would have to exist only on the one time Main Menu

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016