Multiple Characters Not Working After Being Selected.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by lachlanf, Aug 7, 2017.

1. lachlanf

lachlanf Boxer

Hey All, First post here so if I'm in the wrong spot please let me know.

I have added multiple characters but when I selected a new character the controls for that character stop working. But after switching back to the original it starts working again.

I am using the wall jump switch mechanic. Has any one had this problem or any suggestions on how I could fix it?

2. lachlanf

lachlanf Boxer

Any one? I'm at a loss on why it's not working.

3. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Maybe you did not add the advanced moves for the other characters. Take a look at the character settings of the original character and copy the same settings to your new ones.

Christoph likes this.
  4. lachlanf

lachlanf Boxer

I just duplicated the character and changed the name and animations. So it's all exactly the same.

5. DariusGuerrero

Maybe you accidentally changed a component? Check for the character components again. Check if the advanced move has been changing other characters' linear velocity every time you tap the switch button that’s covering the screen. When you look at the character settings, you should see that a component gives an initial velocity at the game start, andthere should be a change in that velocity every time the switch activated. Maybe you should also try adding the other characters in manually. Figuring out problems like this is part of the fun in the game-making experience.

6. lachlanf

lachlanf Boxer

Yes, Thank you.
    Manually adding the character worked. Not sure why duplicating didn't work. I 100% agree with you on the problem-solving. First game with buildbox so still getting my head around it.

DariusGuerrero likes this.
  7. DariusGuerrero

Good luck with your first game! This community is rooting for everyone. Do your best.

lachlanf likes this.