Multiple Characters In A Single Scene??

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Skrubzy, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Is it at all possible to have multiple characters in a scene, that the user can interact with separately? I don't mean a "clone" object or anything that mimics the movement of the other characters, that doesn't work for my game.

2. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

Unfortunately, it is not possible. There can't more than 1 character in a scene.

3. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Well, there goes my entire game idea lol

If someone thinks of a way around this, please let me know

4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, please, check the template called:
    Switch Twitch

It's just an example of how to have 2 players in the same scene.
    Check movement, speed and settings.

5. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Thanks man, this helps a lot! Any idea how I can make UI elements move with objects in my scene? If not, I guess I'll have to ditch the "endless" part of my game

6. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

This is what happens when you write answers at 3 am. LOL. There you go. my bad

7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You can create another UI, that from the game go to another world, with the new UI.
    I do not know what game you want to make, but I advise you to do basic games to start (10 minimum), and with practice or watching tutorials, you can improve those games, and together, make a single game.

8. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I don't mean a new UI for each world/level. I want to know if there's a way to key frame the UI element moving or something like that; so as the object moves up in the scene, so will the UI element.

This game is fairly simple, I came up with the idea because I wanted something to help me practice.

9. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

#skrubzy, you can create an action at the beginning of scenes where you want your character to appear to have changed. That actions would allow you to change out from character look 1 to character look 2, etc...

10. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say? It sounds like a character selector, which is not what I'm asking for.

11. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I know there's availability for key framing, but I meant doing it automatically by attaching the UI to a specific object.

12. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Sorry, was answering your original question...

Not sure what you are looking for on the UI key framing. Maybe post up a mockup of what it is and how it would possibly change. Might be easier to find an answer to.

13. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I think I found a way to do this:

Instead of attaching UI elements to an object, I'll make identical key frames & movement properties. My game is now stationary, but there's an invisible object (In the "world" thing) that every moving asset is attached to. The invisible object just makes is easier and faster to change key frames -- I don't have to select/adjust every single object. In the UI menu, all character-movement-pieces are key framed the same as the invisible object. This makes it so objects can be interacted with using UI elements, but the scenes can also cycle (Without disrupting the placement of UI sliders and buttons)

jerry likes this.
  14. johnvs

johnvs Boxer

Which ui element controls the movement of gray and white ball in Switch Twitch? Because the character button is set to component action and what does this do?

15. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I think that with these images you will understand it better.

Attached Files:

johnvs likes this.
  16. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Any idea how I can make it so the character can be dragged across the screen, either way? (Left/Right or Up/Down)

17. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I think you have not seen the template well.
    For the action of pressing on the right side, there is a reaction of an object to move to the left in this case.
    You only have to create 4 buttons, with a different name, and modify the reaction in the movement of that object.

johnvs likes this.
  18. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I'm not copying the template, I've just been using it as a reference. There's drag-able objects in my game (Some are horizontal, others vertical) but I can't figure out how to make them work properly. I've tried the "Scroll Control" character element to drag the objects, but it only triggers once the player lets go of it. The joystick would be perfect, but I can't figure out how to make it work for objects -- instead of just the character. I see what you're saying, but I don't want the object to jump or have a preset speed when the player interacts with it; I want the speed of the player's finger scrolling across the UI element to be used as the speed of the object.

19. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I think it's not possible, for 2 players, I think this is the simplest option.
    I am sorry.

20. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I don't think you understand. I'm using the same method, and it works, but how would I use the character button/joystick/swipe controller to drag the object across the screen? I just need help with the properties now, the UI elements are working how I want them to -- except I haven't discovered how to swipe yet (Which, I think, would be done in the properties)