Motorcross Preset Issues

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by usman911, Nov 27, 2017.

1. usman911

usman911 Boxer

I am currently working in the motocross preset however i am having some issues. Firstly, i have just one button set to MotorSpin CW as that is all the i want for controls. The issue i am having is i can't get the car to go any faster. The character speed is set to 0 as standard in this preset, however whenever i try increasing the torque or speed of the wheels the car just flips over. Is there anyone who can suggest something to fix this?

Secondly, i want the car to be able to do flips when in the air. I feel this maybe linked to the first issue. As maybe travelling at faster speed will help the car rotate whilst in the air.

Lastly, the car seems very unstable. Whenever i do even take a small jump i have to let go of the motor spin button and be really careful as the car will just flip. If there something i can change to make the car a lot more sturdy when jumping?

Thanks in advance.

steve_bucci likes this.
  2. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Bump, I got the same issue and still thinking how to solve it!..

3. steve_bucci

steve_bucci Boxer

I am trying to figure this out, too.

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

When you set your torque speed etc, And your car instantly flips, its because the car is too little. Like in real life physics, if your car has a high torque yet small physical body, it would NOT be heavy enough to keep the wheels down. Solve this by either making your car bigger, or slowing down the torque. If you want the game to be super fast yet keep your car size as is, set it so it WORKS, so the car dont flip. THEN, go out to main menu and select your game world and set TIME WARP to be faster. This will solve the issue and let you drive super fast and keep the car size and torque the same.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  5. steve_bucci

steve_bucci Boxer

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try.

6. steve_bucci

steve_bucci Boxer

Also, just as an FYI, I have been working from the Motocross template, trying to get the actions right from there.

7. steve_bucci

steve_bucci Boxer

I think I have the torque/speed down. The part I can't solve is to have the car only flip when airborne. I tried adding a character action button with a component action overlayed on top of the MotorsRotateCW button. The closest approximation I have been able to come up with over the past couple of days is to have the component action angular velocity change "on release". This just ends up with a backflip that seems too slow or too fast.

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So when youre airborne, Your car does what? begins to flip BACKWARDS? I know if you HOLD gas, car will flip. You COULD set 2 rotate LEFT and RIGHT buttons. Make forward and back buttons on right side by side, then on left, same thing only rotate function.

9. steve_bucci

steve_bucci Boxer

10. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok...so you want rider to be flat on the ground but when he gets in the air, flip.....Ok...heres what i would do in order to keep the one finger touch play idea. I would make it so there is NO gas. Make car go forward on its own without touching a thing. THEN, what car hits a hill, have it so entire screen in a flip button. So all player has to do is time their flips. yeah? maybe?
    Also could experiment with putting power ups that boost player speed at the bottom of every hill. invisible. so when player is riding slower....they hit the bottom of a hill and take off...allowing the flip to finish.

steve_bucci likes this.
  11. steve_bucci

steve_bucci Boxer

I've been going down a similar path. Mixed results. I'll give your method a shot and see what the what. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.