Monument Valley In Bb3?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by 5petersonzachary, Oct 29, 2018.

1. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

I'm not saying i'm going to try and create another monument valley, but I am wondering if buildbox 3.0 is capable of making a game like this without code. Being able to do something like monument valley could open up a whole bunch of creative ideas. @ZackGriset @TreySmith @NikRudenko @Tekanology

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Don't let your hope to go far, let's get only to make simple games like voodoo games successfully with all the add-on first then will think about games like that game.

bmsingha likes this.
  3. 5petersonzachary

True, I'm just hoping that bb3 get to the point where we can really make anything we imagine.

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

You will be able to do anything that unity can, aside from AR/VR. And yes, the idea is you could create a great game without learning a lick of code.

5. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

And in order to get to this point, they have a LONG way to go.

6. Josh (Nology Games)

It's only in Beta at this stage, but build box is not even that old an look how many games hit games that have been made with it. You may think it's a long way to go but your logic is based on the Beta which means it's not fully released.

7. Josh (Nology Games)

Why don't you wait until it's released before making claims that it is a long way to go

8. thatguyminib

To your first part yes there have been hit games made with buildbox 2, but this is about buildbox 3 since bb3 is the future of buildbox. Also my logic is based on more than just beta. It's simple math Unity has been in development for over 13 years and has a way bigger dev team then bb3, so yes it does have a long way to go till it can do EVERYTHING Unity can.

9. Josh (Nology Games)

Well, let's just wait until its fully released before you make that call.

10. thatguyminib

What does it being fully released have to do with how long it will take to be able to do everything Unity can?

11. Josh (Nology Games)

Here's my point, math may be a factor but I think it would be only fair to wait until its released before we can use math to determine where it is at.

bmsingha likes this.
  12. thatguyminib

Fair point, but the way I see it is that right now bb3 is publicly available and sure it is in beta still but anyone that subscribes to bb can use it. So technically it is released to the public even if only in beta and that is where my timeline starts.

I totally understand it is in beta and I totally understand that sure given enough time it could be able to do anything Unity can do, given Unity stops developing their engine right now.

But can we please stop saying that it will be on par with Unity and be able to do anything Unity can do, because that is just leading people on and I feel is unfair and a bit of false advertising.

13. Josh (Nology Games)

As I said, AR/VR won't be possible (this is something that unity can do) but aside from that, its the statement the was made, I would say they have a reason for this statement. Once it is released, then we will know for sure. But until then, it's speculation. Let's be fair and wait and see. But for now, we can stop with this statement if it upsets you. We are sorry that you feel we have been giving false statements.

bmsingha likes this.
  14. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

15. Josh (Nology Games)

I do apologise for that. To answer your original question I would say yes you would be able to, some coding may be required but it wouldn't be hard to ask for help on these things.

16. 5petersonzachary

No it's ok guys, didn't mean to start any of this. I agree with @Tekanology we should we wait until it's released before making claims. I do believe that at first launch this is going to be a great product. Do I think it will be able to do everything unity can? No. That's because in unity you kinda HAVE to learn to code in order to make a good game. Buildbox is giving us a software that can create amazing games without code. So short answer is that we really have to wait until launch to make claims, but if it can't do everything unity can do, so what it's version 1. Do you think Unity got all of it's features in version 1? I can't wait until beta 4 is out and then official release and I can't wait to start making 3d games with it!

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Is the release of 3.0 still planned for December? Because I haven't seen much progress in the features added. But I definitely can't wait to see what surprises the dev team has up on its sleeve.

I mostly want to see how the in-game animation and audio part will be resolved (which basically makes Soundbox and Animationbox obsolete), as well as level building without scenes, respectively only using 1 scene for a game with element randomization and progress logic that is essential to a hyper casual game (hence being able to build a true endless game with levels).

I am also very curious to see all the game console support, mainly Nintendo Switch and Playstation and with it, how Buildbox 3 will resolve everything related to strategy games (mainly inventories). Can't wait to build a Clash of Clan type of game. And with it, being obviously a more ambitious project, I also am curious how the collaboration feature will work that makes Unity so strong in a bigger environment than a one-man-show.

I also really can't wait to do a .io game with multiplayer (online or fake with AI), as well as to use vector graphics (svg) for a crisper image quality. Oh, and a open world game like Fortnite would be so nice too and support for shaders and multiple dynamic lighting.

We do get all of this, right?

And yes, I definitely will wait until the release and only hope that we won't get disappointed once again. Because if we do, I already see the future (and corresponding) sh*t-storm in the forum. Probably not only from the old customers but as well from the new. Good thing that I will be on vacation in December... :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  18. Josh (Nology Games)

@Christoph I'm fine with you sharing your opinion but please remember about your language. We have younglings on this forum and need to keep family.

19. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

You guys need to stop comparing Buildbox to Unity. Buildbox is it's own thing, and when comparing buildbox to Unity, people will ONLY SEE THE SHORTCOMINGS. What happened to the "Drag and Drop" ideology Buildbox really drove home and made all of us want to use the software? Keep Buildbox SIMPLE. No one asked for Buildbox to become Unity, we just want the functionality that would allow publishers to pick up our games. Buildbox needs to stand on it's own guys.

20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You mean the word sh*t-storm? You are dodging my post because of one word instead of replying to it and it's points? Wow!

thatguyminib likes this.