Mobile games in 2016

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by energizerlithium, Jan 21, 2016.

1. energizerlithium

energizerlithium Avid Boxer

I'd like to get some of your opinions and ideas on what you guys think of the app game market as we start off 2016. With such a fast growing market, I've been on the benches for a few months and am a bit confused on what to expect this year when it comes to the overall business of apps

I've noticed that the value of certain publishers has greatly decreased in Sensor Tower (EG: Ketchapp went from being worth $24 mil to $12 mil). Obviously this isn't exact, but I wanted to know what the deal with that was, did a bubble burst or something here? Many companies have lost significant value in Sensor Tower, but it could be just based on their algorithm change.

I've also noticed with the giant pool of apps in the market, I'm a bit confused on what new avenues many indie publishers would take to get their games noticed and what some marketing tactics the high performers like Color Switch are taking to get noticed

The algorithm of the App Store has brought out many older apps back on the charts(One particular one I noticed was Flappy Bird), and was curious what this could mean for developers

We're all in this for business at the end of the day too, and wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think this would mean for game developers financially, from a marketing point of view, and competitively.

I'm planning up a new course of action to take this year to make it a breakthrough year, 2015's last few months became quite lazy and I don't want to repeat that.

I'm sure all developers here want the same, so it would be really nice to get everyones feedback, ideas, and perceptions on what actions we should be aiming for in 2016 to build huge successes (possibly even 7 figure games since BB 2.0 was announced)