Mirror Effect?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by rcantone, Apr 17, 2017.

1. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

I have noticed when I use the mirror effect and open the game on my devices, the effect isn't like on the preview on the computer. It shows like half of the effect but not the whole effect why is this and is there a way to fix it?

2. Miltos93

Miltos93 Boxer

Hello rcantone, i have the same issue :-( So far i thought that it was because my mobile devices are a bit old. I have a Samsung S4 mini and a Galaxy Tab 4 and it doesn't work. Are you testing on a newer device or an iphone?

3. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

That effect is precisely the one that uses the most resources in the device. And as you say, some older devices do not work properly.

4. Miltos93

Miltos93 Boxer

Thank you for the reply, Appymes.I've seen in other posts too that there is an issue on mobile with the mirror effect. Can we know on what devices it is working properly? I mean if i plan to create a game only for iOS will it work there? In all iOS devices?

5. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

It doesn't work properly on any device I have tested it on new and old

Miltos93 likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I know this thread is old, but it's the most applicable.

The mirror effect can only be scaled up so much. Scaling up 40x is the max for most mobile devices due to the 4096x4096 texture limit. But I would keep it under 20x due to many older device having a 2048x2048 texture limit.