MICROGEE - Endless Floater (ANDROID + iOS)

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by darren, Nov 23, 2015.

1. darren

darren Avid Boxer

After eight months of work, I'm happy to share http://endlessfloater.com with you! MICROGEE is an endless floater where you change gravity while your character is dreaming. This might sound simple until you realize you can not quickly change your path in micro-gravity!

Tap the left side of the screen to decrease gravity, right side to increase gravity. Each additional tap continues to change gravity.

Features a 22 minute, dreamy, spacey, soundtrack!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Special thanks to @TreySmith @Andy sean nik and the rest of the Buildbox team for some amazing software!!!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/microgee/id998782295?ls=1&mt=8

qfup, Phill Mason and Jamie like this.
  2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Looks like a really unique game @darren
    Going to download it now ;)

darren likes this.
  3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

This looks great @darren and I love the start screen with the bed and arcade machine, very cool :) Off to stick this on my playlist.

darren likes this.
  4. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

This game is awesome, super original and lots of small details that really make it. Love all the different death animations. Great job!!! Good luck!

darren likes this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I love it too. But it's very difficult. The only thing I'm not a fan of are the controls. Somehow I can't get used to them. It doesn't move the longer I tap but I have to tap several times. It somehow doesn't feel natural. What do I love? For example the price scheme that you approached with the video reward ads and the one special character. I just wanted to implement something identical in my game but can't decide if I should get rid of all the banner and interstitial ads. I'm completely against the no-voluntary ads but I also think that if there are tons of downloads it can get a lot of money which will keep me going. Then for example the different character death animations which you implemented in the death animations of the enemies are simply genius. It makes the game very unique. I also love the entire visual style.

If I might ask, why does it appear in the appstore as an update? It says the original release was two month ago?

6. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Thanks Jamie
    Thanks Paul!
    Thanks Stevinz!
    Thanks Christoph, originally I thought I should make the game super hard to show ads more often. This version is a little easier with the floating spikes.
    I appreciate your feedback :) and that may be the case for many people. One fan emailed me and they have a super high score (469) on Game Center.
    Thank you!
    Yes, a bit of a global soft launch October 1st without much fanfare...but worked on helmet and trails for the last several weeks and rethought the monetization strategy. Hope it pays off!

Christoph likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The bad thing is there won't be a second opportunity for a feature. :( But yes, hopefully it pays off. Great game idea and execution!

8. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Yeah it's depressing :(

9. mark

mark Boxer

@darren Cool game, I actually played it for awhile last night.. maybe 25 mins or so. Great call on the music. I actually think the controls are cool. Its unique, but its not something that a user can't pick up on. We don't all need fast tap action all the time :) I agree with the @Christoph that its a unique monetization strategy and I'm curious about the mix of coin based characters and one you can buy directly. You can always switch it up if you need to.

One thing I wasn't a fan of was the icon. I think the icon could really use some improvement if you want the app to be noticed a bit more. Nice work overall. Let us know how the game performs and if you make any changes.

darren and Jamie like this.
  10. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Thank you! So you probably heard the music loop at 22 minutes :)
    One user suggested giving a paid character (Viking) like this more access to coins or a coin doubler at the end of each game. That feature is not available but could be a neat feature request. Regarding switching things up, I'm not sure how easy it would be to switch existing characters in Buildbox. As far as I can tell, once you offer a character in Buildbox, you shouldn't delete it and try adding it again as it will have a new "database id" and users that previously had a character ID won't have that character...and in theory if i change a paid character to coins based, a user couldn't restore that purchase...but certainly if people don't mind buying a character i could add a few more. I still have room on my 2nd atlas ;) Thanks for the feedback on the icon!

mark likes this.
  11. Ember Game

Ember Game Boxer

I like the theme, you've done something very unique! and 8 months of work! Wow! that's a lot of time for development! Do you create this game all by yourself?
    I've just played this game for 15 minutes, it is interesting and remind me of movies like Gravity and the Martian :)

darren likes this.
  12. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Gameplay blew me away... Good job @darren ... all the best to your game

darren likes this.
  13. tomwhite3d

tomwhite3d Boxer

Cool idea well done!

darren likes this.
  14. darren

darren Avid Boxer

What a compliment :D
    Thanks for your support!
    Yeah kinda embarrassing amount of time and yes, just by myself. It might be better to make smaller games and fail often but had my mind set on making something worth a bloggers time to share so I kept adding and adding (scenes, obstacles, death animations, characters)

15. darren

darren Avid Boxer

NOW ON GOOGLE PLAY!!! ---- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moebull.gp.microgee

---- previously only on iOS...play it on Android and let me know how you like it :)

Thanks for the feedback Mark! I've enhanced the icon for the Google Play release:

[​IMG]

Christoph likes this.
  16. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

@darren this is really cool, im glad you updated the thread i might not have ever seen it cuz im new... which makes me think i should go back and look at all the ones before my coming here...

I immediately noticed one thing, how is the music still playing through the game over menu, it doesn't start over like so many games i play and I LOVE that about your game, not to mention, this is a fun game... so many times do i play a game and when i ask myself... yah but is it too hard to be fun... usually the answer is yes... but this... this has a wonderful flow to it...

17. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

the different death animations are fantastic... how did you achieve this depending on what i hit?

18. darren

darren Avid Boxer

thanks peeps! yeah i set the music on the main menu and no where else and the music won't be interrupted/stop/start....
    yes it's a free app with no ads. right now, the only monitization is occasionally an "Earn" button will show up after you die so you can earn extra stars to unlock helmets... speaking of helmets, I just logged into the Google Developer portal and they have a feature where you can give away paid apps OR in app purchases. Here are promo codes for the VIKING Helmet for anyone that is interested but PLEASE state which code you take so others don't get frustrated trying used codes:

6134SRKKMLUAE1YAU6K0KM3
    F09C1XWAH9QB177NJ6P4RRL
    EV3851SQTVYQ5WHU7M4X85T
    KC0YBFQBBLMLU2BQENHL867
    BYBRK33S6WUYG4PKNVSGSCS
    1QQDHNLJXTLYTLBKNKXKMXY
    VB27EGK23HW12Z1KJJ8GXNK
    WQS87T9R0D0EWLSJ1UGCXAW
    JDQCMSFAM399ZL020KWJDRV
    UMFT8CU82U94UCQDHPWBMEM

[​IMG]

heathclose and Christoph like this.