Master Collection 2 - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

There you go! Great suggestion

Skrubzy likes this.
  2. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Can't wait till all these posts get removed again :):mad:

swiftcurrent likes this.
  3. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Any comments or threads on the official forums focused on piracy have always been deleted. This was a rule set forth on the creation of the forum, and this rule was made to not encourage the theft software products from any developers.

@Christoph we initially let your comment stay until 4 people continued the conversation, in detail, to reply to you. These comments derailed away from a discussion of just our copy protection and online requirements.

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Lets reword it..."Hey devs, something to think about for the future would be the ability to use BB offline. Maybe for those who buy FULL license. No need to check if they don't pay monthly." lulz. It sucks but its a necessary evil guys. No security means no purchases means no updates means dead software. If they figure out a better way you KNOW they will jump on it.

brakewind723 and Buildbox like this.
  5. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Just got an email saying they will be posting in depth 30-45 min videos of MC2 software all next week :(

Why must you torture me!!!! lol

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Which those legit law abiding customers would make BB 10,000 bucks a year. lol. Bottom line, if people can get things free, they usually do. Security is good. Gotta spend money to make money.

7. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

What is your argument here? I can't tell if you're agreeing with the extensive security measures, or if you're saying they should be removed

8. Bobriv

Bobriv Boxer

Will a indie version of buildbox ever be released? The pricing points a huuuuge sacrifice especially for us new users who haven't even been able to access a limited version with exports disabled

9. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

We have covered so many topics and issues with BuildBox in this one thread lol I love it

thatguyminib likes this.
  10. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Im saying YES it sucks. But NO they shouldnt remove it until they have a better solution. I dont want BB to die off. The amount of legit law abiding blah blah blah citizens will NOT be enough to pay everyone who makes BB. It would sink into the abyss.

11. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

BuildBox is great and all, but the BB devs have already been paid a ton of money. I mean...It costs 1 person almost $3000 to get ONE piece of software (For 1 week you get 5 other programs, but that doesn't happen very often). I'm not saying they should stop getting paid or anything, but it's absurd to think BuildBox is losing any money developing their software. I agree with @OneHitGamer 's PlayStation suggestion -- legit customers should not be affected by security measures created to discourage non-paying software pirates. I have faith that, if there were no protection, the BuildBox community would still pay for their subscriptions...but maybe that's not a logical solution to this issue.

12. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Okay, I'm done discussing software security now. Sorry about the long thread I've created :oops:

13. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

All the money they make goes to paychecks and back into BB. Its not like trey takes it all and him and his wife lay upon their bed as the rain of money falls around them all like "muaaahhhhhaaaaa! MMMUUUAAAHHHAAAA!" It obviously goes back into BB......i hope...........maybe not......trey may be weird like that.......

Skrubzy likes this.
  14. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I wouldn't put it past him lmao

AppNasty likes this.
  15. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I dunno man....i've been peeping in his windows for 8 months now....i've seen some strraaannngee hapnins'.

Skrubzy likes this.
  16. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

I'm confident the Buildbox team is fully aware that we would prefer an offline version and it is probably not as easy as you make it sound. Buildbox is independently funded (no VC) so all the money made goes back into more resources for the program. I can understand most of your frustration but we should try to understand that they are only protecting themselves. They don't purposely want us to suffer :)

Skrubzy likes this.
  17. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Why would you put yourself through that kind of torture?!

AppNasty likes this.
  18. thatguyminib

Very true things take time and we don't know their side of things. So they may hear us and listen but solutions to our problems may take them a while. Like adding an affordable payment plan for the MC2 *cough* *cough* lol

In all seriousness though they are developers developing software and as a game dev that also works and programs in Unity things usually take twice as long that expected lol

Skrubzy and brakewind723 like this.
  19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Man that animation box 2 boy....i could totally make a full on animated webshow with it. Hey i wonder if they will just sell me ONE of the MC programs........

20. thatguyminib

I WISH! I really want Soundbox 2.0! Lol

AppNasty and Skrubzy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.