Make the game restart on death

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by thomasburgess2000, Nov 12, 2015.

1. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

Ok so this is probably a really stupid question (I'm just starting out) but how do I make the game start over once the character dies? I'm using the FlappyBird game mode, so the character dies whenever it hits something. I'd also like a score counter if possible. Thanks in advance.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

3. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

Haha yeah I've watched a lot of those, but I didn't find anything about my question. Do you know which one deals with it? Or which one tells you about how to have a manual reset that can be used outside of preview? Because currently the only way I know how to reset the game is via the reset button on the preview which obviously isn't available when I export the game.

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi @thomasburgess2000 sounds to me like you haven't created a "Game Over' screen. You need to go to the "Menu Editor" at the top left of BB, the icon next to the "Scene Editor" double click on "Game Over Screen" and drag a button onto the menu area and select "Restart Game" from the action on the top right hand side of BB. That will export your restart game button when you're ready. You'll also want to drop an image onto that button so you can see it too. Hope that helps.

5. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

6. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

The game over screen is also where you will drag in a "Label" from the top left and then set the action on the right to show your score. e.g. Score Amount, best score amount, coins collected etc

thomasburgess2000 likes this.
  7. thomasburgess2000

thomasburgess2000 Boxer

Phill Mason likes this.
  8. adityarevankar

adityarevankar Boxer

can you please tell me in buildbox 3d version