Make The Character Teleport From On Object To Another?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by nforce, Feb 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nforce

nforce Boxer

Someone please let me know .. BB3 is a whole different beast when it comes to all these things.

2. Cheatcode2explode

Cheatcode2explode Boxer

I am trying to figure out the same thing. Perhaps someone hast the code that accomplished this with the BB2 portal logic pieces?

3. sueraali

sueraali Boxer

I have been looking for a solution in this regard, but I could not reach the desired result.

4. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

Im interested in this same functionality.

5. Dean Wilson

Dean Wilson Boxer

I found this video, hope it helps.

6. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

visionarymonkey likes this.
  7. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

This is an interesting idea, but If I'm understanding it correctly it simply removes an object at the starting location/position and then creates a new one at the new location/position. If you have logic on your character it does not get transferred to the new object that gets created. I haven't tried it, but I guess I could potentially replicate my character along with the logic/nodes for each position. The other hiccup is that my gameplay requires that the character be followed by the camera.

8. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

Im a huge fan of Smart Penguins and their videos, but I will have to do some research and rewatch the video tutorial to see if checkpoints will work when there are multiple touch points/destinations available in an open 3d world. Im hopeful!

Thanks!

9. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,
    Copy all the properties which you have in cube 1 to cube 2. So when cube 1 collides with a portal it converts to cube 2 and spawn from the designated location and when the cube2 has the properties of cube1 it will behave like cube 1 and add a collision property for cube 2 too.In that case if cube 2 collides with the portal it changes to cube 1.Hope you understood.
    What you have to do is from the above given bbdoc open cube 1 and connect move node directly to start.And open cube 2,copy-paste move node and connect to receive node.

visionarymonkey likes this.
  10. TheGameAppStudio

11. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

Thank for the further details. I played around with your solution and I think I could make it work, however I'm not sure it's any more efficient than my current method which is to use a send and receive along with a position animation node.

Thanks again for your help!

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  12. TheGameAppStudio

You are welcome.This is not the only way .Each node plays a role to make the perfect physics.What i made is just an example.Remember Necessity is the mother of invention ;)

13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

So weird. This could all be solved with a set position node actually. I hope Buildbox creates a node like this so simple to implement I am sure.