Make my character rotate automatically?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by andreitoropu, Jan 5, 2016.

1. andreitoropu

andreitoropu Boxer

Hello!
    Thanks for stopping by this thread and maybe you could even help me. I want to make a game which has only one level. Can I make my character spin automatically? The main idea of the game is to stop the character from rotating at a certain location. If you make it stop at that location, your score one point. Then your character starts spinning again in a circular motion.
    Can I do this in Buildbox or should I start coding it?
    Thanks!

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Put it in drawing and share. I am assuming you are looking at something similar to "Pop The Clock"

3. andreitoropu

andreitoropu Boxer

Thanks for replying. I have made this drawing as you requested. I have also searched for the "Pop the Clock" game. I was so happy that I had my own game idea but it seems that mine is very similar to that game.
    This is just the skeleton of the game. I will improve the design after I would be able to make the game run as wanted.

Attached Files:

4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

OK this is my take:

1 - Random spawning of the object I think is feasible with multiple scenes. What I mean is scene 1 has the blue circle in 0 deg, then scene 2 has it in 2 deg, thats multiples of 2. Scene 3 in 4 deg and so on. So what that means is you will have at least 180 scenes which is not bad :D
    Since scenes will be randomly selected, it will appear as if the circle is spawned in different locations

But the question is, will the red xter remain in same location for every game?

2 - As per touching the screen to move the xter, I am not sure if "Char Rotate Left" will do the trick but you have to try it out yourself.
    If that is the case, then you need to attach the xter to a transparent object that will be in the middle of the axis but this is all guess work so give this a try.

3 - The only bit I am probably sure about is the STOP when touching the screen. This may not be possible with bb v1, maybe v2 might have the controls or give you ability to create one for yourself

upload_2016-1-5_13-11-35.png

5. andreitoropu

andreitoropu Boxer

Thanks for your response! Have a nice day!