Make A Ui Appear At A Distance And Then Disappear

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Hoodle, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hoodle

Hoodle Boxer

Firstly I think Buildbox is truly amazing software? The variety of features it provides allow for so many game variations.

Anyway my question is as follows: I am in the middle of making a platformer game and want to have questions appear at distance based locations in the level.

I can do this with an event observer on the Game UI screen that links to a new Questions UI at a distance of 10. The problem is that once the user answers the question the event observer seems to keep the Questions UI screen up since the distance is still on 10.

Is there any solution to make the UI only appear once or to tell the event observer to only come up once?

Thanks in advance

2. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

on that you UI want to put a question you want to answer? and the example he defends his distance travel 100 after to continue the same world or another?

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

4. Hoodle

Hoodle Boxer

Thanks anngelinoo and wesam-badr for your responses.

What I have now is:
    1) A question box comes up as a UI at distance of 10 which then pauses the game in the background.

2) The UI has a multiple choice question with 3 options (navigations buttons) to choose. 1 is correct and the other 2 restart the level.

3) The navigation buttons with the restart function works fine.

4) The problem is that the last navigation button that I have set the function to "back" doesn't remove the UI. It remains on the screen. I think this is because the distance is still at 10 until it ticks over.

5) The problem with using autohide is that I want it to go away when the person answers the question. Not at a predetermined time.

Any other ideas?

Thanks\

5. spacehunter

spacehunter Boxer

6. Hoodle

Hoodle Boxer

Thanks all.

I managed to place a menu jump that pauses the world and links to the UI and the back function works fine.