Major lag when a notification comes through.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by smnly, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. smnly

smnly Boxer

Hey so I'm just about finished with my first game, there is still one problem.

The game runs super smooth on my iPhone 6s+ but the second I get a notification pop down the game lags really badly and the lag stays for about 1-2 mins before clearing up.

Anyone else have this issue or is there a way I can fix this? Its a simple endless portrait jumping platformer with simple objects and a couple moving object.

Luke.

2. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

what type of notification? You mean an incoming message/tweet : a system notification ?

3. smnly

smnly Boxer

Yes like a text message.

4. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

that is managed by your device independently from the application: it is set to alert you or interrupt you according to the type of notification that is triggered.

For the top banner the time is managed by the system and the only (annoying) thing you can do is to slide the notification away without accidentally the app the notification is for.

There is nothing much that can be done (actually nothing)...

smnly likes this.
  5. smnly

smnly Boxer

Thats the annoying thing even after I slide the notification away the game continues to lag :(

Oh well, Thanks for the help anyway.

6. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

as a test try closing all the apps you have in memory (not just restarting your phone) and see if there is any difference.