Macbook Air Mid 2011 And Xcode.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AppNasty, Oct 2, 2019.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Getting all kinds of results googling this. I’m possibly going to make a deal and land a mid 2011 MacBook Air. I believe it’s Sierra is the latest os with ability to use Mojave if you do some hacks or whatever. My question is, I read that as of March 2019, Apple now gives you to use x version of Xcode which supports SDK 12 or something like that. Trying to find out if this model does. The guy said when he goes to install Xcode latest it tells him he needs to update. I told him how to install older version and I need to know what latest older version it gives him. As I don’t wanna get it just to not be able to submit to Apple store. Any help is appreciated. We will be making the deal here shortly. @NikRudenko anyone. Need help quick.

2. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

You have to use at least High Sierra and Xcode 10.1. Probably soon Apple will want us to use at least Mohave and Xcode 11 for the new ios 13. You can't install xcode 11 on high sierra.

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yeah. There’s hacks to install Mojave on this model. Right now I’m going from Sierra to High Sierra. Will hold me over for now. Only goal was to meet their requirements and get my work on the AppStore. This will do that so I’m good.