Love For Buildbox

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by PunkPuffin, Mar 1, 2019.

1. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

There has been a lot of negativity around Buildbox on the forum lately and justified or not I’m sure it drags the team down somewhat. So I thought why not share some positive vibes for the team.

I’ll kick it off and hope that people share and not drag the thread into negative territory

I personally started using BB2 about 6 months ago just here and there but in a matter of hours I had a decent looking basic idea running a huge leap in what I had achieved in other engines.

Specifically in BB I love the ease of creating scenes, and in BB3 the ability to edit nodes.

And one for support. They have been very responsive and taken suggestions and issues to devs for input and even implementation

2. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

It would be very easy to say: I fully agree but there are some things that...

Instead, I'll say that over the past year or so BB2 has been not only fun to use but has enabled me to complete a game (well nearly) that I'm hugely proud of. I've not managed that before using various coding tools like Corona SDK Unity and other well known tools, just too much time needed or over complex. Even though I get a thrill from coding, getting a game that works is so much more rewarding.

I am very excited about the possibilities for BB3 but actually for 2d moreso than 3d at the moment. I love 2d and relish the ability to have nodes and the option to expand what it can do through some edits. It lets me break through the constraints of BB2. I like the idea of 3d as well but I think that's quite a bit more challenging from a design perspective. If they pull of making decent 3d games then that's a real game changer.

For me the team are making something amazing and I hope they can remain positive because I think they're awesome for making this and sticking at it.

PunkPuffin and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  3. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Today who i am, what i am, Its because of BUILDBOX!
    My career started in project Mayham as games developer after graduating late 2013 in Business. I just dreamed of it before Project mayham that i can make a game, my thought was like i will have to learn endless coding but Project Mayham AKA BUILDBOX has changed my mind. I do not have actual words but I would like to say THANK YOU BUILDBOX TEAM for having me a great opportunity to fulfill my dream. Today i am who i always wanted to be its because of BUILDBOX!

Just ignore English Grammar

PunkPuffin and TheGameAppStudio like this.