Lock For Scene?!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by activeone, Aug 24, 2016.

1. activeone

activeone Boxer

Hi everyone,
    I am thinking: if I create one or two worlds and each one with many worlds. Is it possible to lock each scene by an amount of points, or coins?
    any help
    Thanks

2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Lock scene or world.

3. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. activeone

activeone Boxer

Hi Nihat Muradzade,
    Thank you for help. What I mean is : How can I lock the scene? yes the scene not the world. Or I should make many worlds and consider it as world. but what If I want to make many worlds and each world has many scenes, that what I mean. I hope it is clear.
    Kindly, I am waiting for your reply.
    Thanks

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

well... to start... we need to make sure we are using the same lingo, otherwise confusion will be read by us, and frustration will be felt by you, because no one understands what you are asking... or giving you the wrong answer to something you already know

in the menu editor, the blue nodes are world nodes. whenever you refer to a "world" in BB, you are referring to these blue nodes in the game's mind map...

inside these blue world nodes are where your scenes live. some people refer to these as "levels" but that is more confusion because if I only design a game using start scenes, my blue world nodes just became "levels"... not that you have said this, but worth mentioning that could also confuse people...

so to be clear... you are asking how do you lock scenes inside your worlds?

scenes cannot be selected... so all scenes are locked until you clear the previous scene and the next scene is loaded. using "set checkpoint" actions will allow you to save which scene you left off at the next time you start your game, or die and restart, but to lock scenes is not something you need to do...

Now if you are asking, "how do I lock the next world up until my player collects 50 coins" then you would use an event observer on the world ui you are playing that has settings like this....

[​IMG]

and connect that observer to a world complete ui, in which you would put an unlock logic piece unlocking the a main menu button for the next world....

[​IMG]

Is this what you are asking?

Nihat likes this.
  6. activeone

activeone Boxer

Thank you heathclose for your explaining. It is realy deep one and first time some one give this importnat guide. It opned my mind into new idea. OK, if my understanding is right or not: multi scenes in one world can be locked by checkpoint and the player can move those point with special conditions like coins or points, at this point it is more clear now, but for me it is difficult to apply it on my game in Buildbox. Maybe I need more details by drawing (sorry for that). on another hand, I am little confused between this guideline and other app examples like (color switch) it has many worlds and each one has many levels, each one is locked. Now, how can I fix it!!! comparing those vision put me in a hard situation. Finally, I hope my language is good to give what really I mean. I am still waiting for your help. Many thanks :)

7. activeone

activeone Boxer

Hi heathclose,
    Ok, I may say that I found something it might give another sulotion. I searched around in forum for checkpoint, after reading many and many pages I found this phrase for you on Apr 2, 2016 : "the easiest way to do that I would think is to make 1 scene per world". It sounds great to me:) , however, I wonder what is your opinon about it?
    Thanks

8. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Thats why first you should use search bar. There are lots of people in community which may had same issue.
    Wish you success. :)

9. activeone

activeone Boxer

Hi
    Nihat Muradzade
    thank you for you comment. I agree with you. Sometimes the point is searching but to choose correct key words. I have to say I still confused about using checkpoint. I can't find a good reference for this point and of course other points. Many issues are clear with expert buildbox users here. I watched many and many videos tutorial and there are many missed line.
    Thanks again

10. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Then keep asking.
    Wish you success. :)

11. anett

anett Boxer

Wish you success. All the best!!

12. Todor Misic

Todor Misic Boxer

heathclose

is there a way to select scenes while playing. So I can't use multiple worlds and I use scenes as levels. after setting a checkpoint is it possible to have a scene selector.