Little Space Between Tiles

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by garigeris, Apr 26, 2018.

1. garigeris

garigeris Boxer

Hello all!

Why then I dublicate tiles, there is a little space between them? How can i fix this? I tried to increse size of all tiles to 1.01 ~ 1.02, it helped, but sumetimes I see that empty spaces. Any solution?

[​IMG]

2. garigeris

garigeris Boxer

Attached Files:

3. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

I’ve been getting that on some of my rectangular images. I’ve used a lot of small blocks and expanded for various purposes
    To save atlas space. I assumed it was perhaps where There’s some tiny amount of transparency on an edge. So far I’ve just overlapped things where it shows. Been meaning to investigate.

garigeris likes this.
  4. garigeris

garigeris Boxer

Thanks,

one more thing. Maybe you will know it. So if use 32x32 size tiles, if i will use to cover whole screen with this tiles it will take much more device memory than one streched tile?

5. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Ooh, good question. I think it might be the same result more or less so long as you used the same 32x32 to either stretch out or repeat. My belief is that both options are using the one object stored in the atlas. There may be slight differences due to the code references generated I suppose.

Be interested to hear if this is right or not.

garigeris likes this.
  6. garigeris

garigeris Boxer

Tried game with my old tablet. It was lots of tiles inside , about 200 in screen (32x32), all clones. Game was really laggy. Then deleted all tiles and added solid black 64x64, and strech it to meet needs, needed 6 tiles. And now working very good. The less the better I think :)