lights disappear...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by heathclose, Feb 4, 2016.

1. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

there is a phenomenon that happens when a moving object passes by a light, even if the light is brought all the way to the front, the moment the object "covers" the light is disappears... anyone know how to avoid this?

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  2. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Actually I just noticed that cast a shadow with lights does not seem to be working on BB1 when I'm testing on my ipod as the light just disappears

Anyone else run into this?

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Collin Wade Thiessen: They are working but only on newer devices. Depends on your iPod. They automatically disappear on older devices like the iPhone 4s or iPad 2 when memory warnings are popping up. The light is still there but the shadows not. This was introduced in 1.3.5 if I remember well.

@heathclose: I think the effect you describe is normal behavior. If an object "covers" a light source it always will disappear and cast 100% shadow. The only way you can avoid it is to place the lights somewhere the character can't "touch" it.

4. Collin Wade Thiessen

Ipod 5th gen so yeah that sucks! I know BB2 is the latest and the greatest but BB1 is still in beta imho & 4 months since the last update.
    lol vent over

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is actually a feature to avoid that older devices will not show any lag and are still playable. ;) Pretty good if you ask me.

I feel you about the slow updates. I'm just about to purchase a subscription and besides a work-project I have to conclude first, this is the only thing that doesn't make me 100% confident to make the investment. But from what I read BB2 is much more beta than BB1. Still, a little weird logic though since when software is launched they normally are already out of beta with only a few things that are not working. BB1 was release a long time ago but it seems they just launched it.

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  6. Collin Wade Thiessen

No, it is a great feature but annoying to find out on the forum rather than say a pop up in the app.
    Yep, I'm in the same boat with bb2 and bb1 is hard to swallow with no update in over 4 months :(